Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
SomersetSuzie,

Depending on your network, that sounds about right. It's £1.68 a minute to make/receice calls and 50p a text on my contract when in non-EU countries. Always check before you travel! It's far cheaper to purchase a phone card and use public phones in Turkey, just less convenient.

Darren
Susie,If you go to Turkey again buy a phone card.
We bought one for 5tl a couple of years ago and used it 5 times with each call lasting between 10-15 minutes.
I once had to phone from Sharm on my mobile as our flight was going to be delayed and was shocked the call was £13!
My pay as you go Tesco Mobile is cheaper at 69p a minute from Turkey - but I would still agree with the comments above and go for the Phone card. There are loads of phones about and the vast majority take phone cards.

Dave
as jaytrip said use a phone card, i still have call time on mine, i bought a 5 lira card and rang home most nights in 2 weeks and still have money left on it for next year, with o2 calls are 1.37 and 25p each for a text
I went to Turkey last summer and found it cheaper to buy a phone card- I bought one for 10 turkish Lira and got 200 minutes! this lasted me the whole week. They also had one that was 5tl for 100 minutes. You can buy them in some hotels but otherwise the post office have them too :) hope it helps :)
Hi, can you use the phone cards to call mobiles back in the UK or is it just for landlines? We're leaving our oldest for the first time ever but he is also going away at the same time but within the UK so I know I'll want to ring him as often as I can!
Dawn457,

As far as I know, you can use a phone card to call any number. It'll just use more credits to a mobile, that's all. A phone card is by far the chepest way to call home.

Darren
Yes, you can phone UK mobile numbers with a phone card
You get even more minutes per card if you phone after 8pm Turkish time. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.