Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
hi if you look at the last few post in Rhodes cigarette thread you will find some current prices as a guide, [doesn't matter where you go or how many you buy the price is the same all over Greece]

yasus
wizard
We're in Kassiopi at the moment and just bought some cigarettes, L&B are €30 and Regal King Size are €32 for 200, I believe the prices are the same all over the island they are a set price.

Hope this helps.
Thanks very much for your reply. We are in Turkey but thinking of going over to Kos so we can get our quota of duty free to fly back to uk with (fly back from Kos to UK).
If you are flying home from Kos then the duty free rules do not apply because Greece and the UK are in the EU. The standard guidance rule within the EU is that you may bring back a "reasonable" amount for your own use and the prices quoted above are Duty Paid in Greece. If the amount brought back is not excessive then no further duty is paid upon arrival in the UK.

That's if I understand correctly that you intend to purchase the cigarettes in Kos.
We've just returned from Rhodes and L&B where 30 Euro (up only 1 Euro from last year) but these were old stock.

Quick travel tip - The Government set price has went up substantially recently so search out a little street vendor with old stock - Duty Free Shops and Supermarkets have a higher stock turnover so will sell with the new increased prices earlier.

As well as L&B I got Superkings for 31 Euro but at the Airport they were 36 Euro :(
Hope that helps.
Thanks very much.

I wonder what country (within the EU) is cheapest for them now?

So cheap in Turkey but can only take 200 each back.

Cheers Jayne
I just came back from Thassos and paid 36 euros for a stick of L and B. The price was the same at Kavala airport as Thassos town, although other brands were cheaper in the airport. Superkings for example were 39 euros in town, but only 37 euros at the airport.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.