Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
San Antonio Bay covers a large stretched out area. Although a tidy distance from the town, many youngsters do stay here during the summer months. The resort caters well for families and children, but you'll need to pick the position of your accommodation carefully
Just avoid any hotel that is part of the GPS Group. You might be better looking at Port Des Torrent. Really quiet but only a very short bus/taxi/water taxi ride into the Bay or San An itself.

The bay runs a fair old length with a wide variety of hotels in there

Jim
well said about gsp group.you could try looking at the Sirenis Country Club.which is right at the end of the bay.great for familys.very popular as well.great beach just a 2 min walk away.
whats the GPS group?? Weve booked playa bella for july with the kids, 10, 3 and 3. I hope thats a child friendly place, it seems so. Too late now lol.
Bev, great for the kids too, our 3yr old g/daughter loved it, you're only a couple of hundred yards along the beach from the boats that take you across the bay to the town, loads to do. :tup
groupo playa sol.they took over loads of hotels and atps about 5 years ago.low cost they are .just like easyjet.you get what you pay for.
thats good... looking forward to it. never been before... and i have to admit rowdy stags and hens are my worst nightmare! hoping they will be hungover and sleep in their rooms all day lol!! :tongue :) ;)
sorry but my worst nightmare came true. Please do not go here if you have young children. Nothing for them to do in the resort... there are a few bouncy castles/trampoline parks but thats it. Its full of youngsters in large groups, theres sickness splatters all on the streets, theres loud banging music from the bars..... my kids were bored and fed up.

the playa bella was full of them too. very dissapointed and definately will not be back...
So sorry to hear this Bev :( There's nothing worse than being let down on your holiday and it not living up to expectations.

I wonder if you'd have been better off in Es Cana. It's many years since we were there but we took our son when he was little and found it a brilliant family resort. Hope it hasn't put you off Ibiza.
Just back from San Antonio Bay, staying at Playa Bella apartments. I definitely won't be going to Ibiza again. It is possibly the most boring place I have ever stayed. The apartments and their staff were good but Ibiza itself is just a hole. There is absolutely nothing for kids to do, one lousy little water park (less than an hour to go on everything) and that is about it. Everything on the island seems to be focused on the big clubs and the bars (including those in the so-called legendary West End) seem to have resigned themselves to just filling teenagers with alcohol before they go for their £80 a ticket dance sessions. Why bother putting on bands etc if 90% of your business is from 18 year-olds swilling down half a gallon of WKD in an hour? So they don't bother.
If you are an 16-22 year old clubber then Ibiza is for you. If you are a couple looking for a few quiet days, San Antonio Bay will be OK. If you are looking for somewhere for a two week family holiday, stay well clear unless you have incredibly easily pleased kids! There is more for them in Rhyl!
Am really sorry that your holiday wasn't what you'd hoped Colin. :(

When you have time would you kindly write your review of the apartments here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/ibiza/san-antonio-bay/playa-bella-apartments/

Many thanks :wave
don;t let it put you off going again.you picked the wrong hotel to stay in thats all.plus you should tried another resort first.price does make a difference.pb is a lowcost hotel.you really need a super family hotels like palm beach in playa den bossa.or you could of stayed in the sirenis seaview country club just down the road from where you stayed.

sirenis hotel in cala longa is nice.small resort.bahamas hotel in pdb as well.at least these hotel groups have kids clubs.had something on most of the day.and night time.for all to join in.you need to pay more to stay in a hotel and not an atps.s/c.budget i guess for most.but i tell you you would see your children till bedtime..

was it the new waterpark near the seaview hotel.or the main one in pdb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.