Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
If your young and fit the distance from the bay to town will not bother you but this all depends whereabouts your staying, the bay stretches quite a distance it takes us about 40 minutes to walk it. There are boat taxi's costing about 3 euro each way which take about 10 minutes to cross the bay. There is also public transport and taxi's. There are quite a few music bars in the bay "Mari pins" and "Sgt Peppers" to name a few which are good for late evening entertainment.
Enjoy your holiday.
As Irene has said, it depends where you are staying.
We stayed at the Hawaii and that was 15 mins steady walk into town. However, if you are right at the top end of the bay then it would be a good 30-40 minute steady walk.
Hi, I went to Ibiza last July and loved every minute of it. We stayed in the bay, right at the top of the hill and it took us about 45 minutes to walk to San Antonio. We didn't really mind the walk, as there are lots of bars, so we just stopped in a couple on the way, so by the time we got there we were pretty merry! But to be honest there is a boat which picks you up from the beach about a 10 minute walk for 2 euros (one way), and taxis are cheap, we paid 8 euros, which worked out same price for the boat between us. Things to do... I would definitely go to see the sunset at cafe Del mar, a must see, great atmosphere and something Ibiza is famous for. Also the clubs, we went to eden, pacha, and es paradis - the water party (I really recommend doing this, you will really enjoy it). We paid 35 euros for the pacha tickets, which is about the normal price for the bigger clubs. Ibiza is quite expensive if you are going to go to the clubs, so if you are take extra spending money. I spent £350 in a week. Anyway enjoy your holiday. If you need to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask! Jem
Cheers for the replies everyone. Good, similar distance between Palma Nova and Magalluf which is great. Can't wait, only 20 something weeks now!
hi, what hotel are you staying at??? We stayed at the Fiesta Milord which is right at the end of the bay. It took about 45 minutes from San Antonio to our hotel. Fantastic place. :)
when are you going? and where are you staying?

the bay is a lovely place to stay loads of decent bars to get you in the mood for the night ahead. drinks are also cheaper over here, which is always a good thing! :wink: :twisted:
Some decent bars to see in the bay are Kumaras, BN3, Sgt Peppers2, Pink Panther, good luck and have a wicked one! i will!!!
Hey! just booked a holiday with the mrs to san antonio bay and it sounds awsome. i just wanna make sure ive made the right choice! can anyone tell me...is it a very british place?? and is it always busy?? cheers
british place yes!
san an bay i think is a great place to stay, everything around that you might need but you are still out of the thick of the westend.
when are you going and whereabouts are you staying? what kind of holiday are you after, im sure people on here can point you in the right direction.
As has already been said the bay is quite a resort in itself. We stayed just on the arc or curve and that was a ten minute stroll from the town. However if you want peace to sleep you need to be further towards the end of the bay as we were plagued with revellers coming home from the town at 4 in the morning. Now we re no party poopers but like to sleep after 2 am so be very careful what accommodation you book.
We stayed as far along the bay right at the end in the Costa Sur and it took us an hour to walk into San An town. We got the ferry boat in the rest of the holiday. But if you want to stay in the bay there are loads of bars and restaurants and plenty to keep the kids amused, arcades, crazy golf. bowls and trampolines to name just a few. It's not rowdy and you'll get a good nights sleep..... And the sunsets are totally awseome!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.