Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
urg I thought I'd replied to this a few days ago, debs, but obviously I missed some crucial task, like pressing the "submit" button :think

We've just come back from Cala'n'Bosch, which is a great resort with 2 beaches and a marina to stroll round, even some rugged coastline to the east, (no shade though) and a 30 min walk along the coast to watch sunset near the lighthouse to the west. Also boat trips available, and a 20-30 minute bus ride to the old town of Cuitadella.

Our kids have grown up now, so we didn't stay at these hotels, but it might be worth you researching these...

Holiday Village Menorca - AI and 1 room apts, lots of activities but I don't know if there's a specific teenagers club

Sol Falco - also AI and 1 bed apts - more international (which you might or might not like) does have a teenagers club
Anyway, I hope this gives you some ideas, and I hope somebody with teenagers will post with advice ;)
Now to press the "submit" button.....
urg I thought I'd replied to this a few days ago, debs, but obviously I missed some crucial task, like pressing the "submit" button

You DID :D
The question has been asked in several different forums and you replied in the Majorca forum
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/ticking-all-the-boxes-t158800.html#p1609888
There aren't a huge amount of beachside AI hotels in Menorca as they now have severe restrictions on building to protect the natural beauty of the Island and its coastline.

However one that I know managed to get put up some years ago prior to the building regualtions, is the Sol Hotel in Cala Galdana. it is virtually on the beautiful beach, it's a bit of a blot on the landscape, but has a good reputation and the facilities that you require.

Im not actually taking from staying there (so please read any recent reviews you can find) as we stayed in a private villa when in Cala Galdana, but as a resort it is very pleasant, many would argue the best on the Island.

We've also stayed in S'Algar in the south east of the Island in an apartment, S'Algar has an AI hotel called the San Luis which might be worth reading up on but there is NO beach close by, nearest is Cala Alcufar and is a 20 min walk, so if a beach is a main requirement don't go for that one.

Doe :sun2
ooer...I wonder how I replied to it in the Majorca forum, since I was writing about Menorca :que
I think I 've confused the matter by posting same subject on 3 Balearic forums lol :whoops

Many thanks though to all those that have replied :)
Good luck!
Please let us know where you decide to go, in the end :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.