Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Maxie,

After my dad broke his hip he had to use crutches to get around and he had to travel on trains as he worked in London (he's also blind). When he got to his departure station he would advise a member of staff on the platform that he needed help at the other end and they would phone through his train details as well as which carriage he was on. When he arrived they would have somebody waiting to take him off the train and take him to his next departure point.

Train companies have to do this by law now and they have ramps at each station which can be connected to the carriages for easy access by wheelchair users.

Karen
hi K2003 ,thanks for the reply sets my mind at rest your reply is very much appreciated, cheers. maxie :D
  • Edited by maxie 2005-01-31 23:08:21
Hi Maxie,

Wishing you all the best and hope you have a good holiday in Gambia.

Karen
hi, the holiday was great,spent most of it with locals,not really a place for disabled persons too much sand /few metalled roads,the train journey was a cake walk everyone helped on the train except the boston line I recieved a call the day before I left saying when you get to Boston you are on your own Sir. Virgin and SPT scotland were fantastic to them THANKYOU ,yours maxie :D
Maxie thanks for posting your update :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.