Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi Collett I've just returned from Corralejo last Sunday. There are lots of shops and shopping centres in the resort. I think I did see a Pandora shop but it looked closed, but there were a few places not opened yet as this was May.

A walk round the harbour is lovely and there's lots of small cafe/ bars where you can stop for a drink, bite to eat over looking the beach.

Where are you staying?

I really liked the resort and have booked for next year :tup
We were staying in Oasis Royal and did our food shopping in the Spar supermarket. Prices were very reasonable with Spanish bacon 6 slices for €1, Bimbo bread €1 half doz eggs 95c.

If you have any questions I'd be glad to help, if I can :tup
Hi Glynis :)
Thank you for your reply ... we're staying at the las marimas hopefully the right choice
my husband is very sceptical about trying new places but I persuaded him to give this island a try
from what I've seen the beaches look fabulous
we are half board but knowing we can buy bits at good prices is very good news
did you do the trip to lanzarote ??
thanks again claire
In certain beach areas you will encounter nude sunbathing, so it's as well you are prepared for this. Fortunately it's not compulsory ;)
Hi Frank .. wow :really.. thank you for the warning I'll try to avoid those areas :D
Hi Collett, I was just looking at your accommodation today & it looks really nice :tup I would have been tempted but it sounds that there's lots for children & mine is grown up now ;) But, it does look and sound, a lovely complex :tup

Judging by the map you aren't that far from where I stayed last week. I liked the area, straight onto the Main Street full of shops which leads down towards the harbour. Get a free street map ASAP as the resort isn't as big as it appears and I found that to reach the beaches etc doesn't necessarily mean you have to head down the Main Street as you would expect (or at least I did!!)

I went for a wander one day & decided to go from the harbour all along the beach to the opposite headland which looked miles away. I got there then thought I'd walk back by the roads for a nosey about. Next thing I'm at a shopping centre (Camponario) and am at the bottom end of the road where I'm staying in next to no time! If I hadn't have been aware of the names of apartments nearby I'd have gone completely off tac.

The free map has apartments/ hotels listed :tup
There is a waterpark so that should suit the kids. You can take a trip over to Lanzarote, the beaches south of the town are magnificent but the sea can be rough, you could go to El Cotilo on the Western Coast where there are sheltered lagoons yes you will encounter naturists but you wont upset them unless you take photos..
Thank you again for all the information :) might have a venture to see what we come across (shops I mean ) ;)
I did look into the waterpark its a little pricey but might give it a try.
I really fancy the lanzarote trip unsure weather to book with tour operator or at the ferry ?? Any advise on that would be great
thanks again
Claire :cheers
There's a nice local fish restaurant down at the harbour near where you'd get on the ferry called La Lonya. We visited there twice and, although they don't have a vast menu the food was good. The first time we called in I had 'Old Clothes Stew' which consisted of chick peas, squid and octopus. My friends got half paella, half fried squid and sardines. All were delicious. The next time we called in I had a half fried squid to myself as I'd really enjoyed them. €4.50. Only problem is there's possibly nothing for the children to have.
That sounds yummy but agreed not sure my 3 year old would be pleased haha .. although half board we will venture out a few nights think that's a must .. if you think of anything else that might help us I'd appreciate it .. you've been a great help Glynis :)
Glad to help Caire :tup

Regarding the ferry we were told whilst we were there that it was cheaper to just book yourselves. The ferry to Playa Blanca runs every 2 hours from 8am until 8pm last ferry back is 7pm. I think €18 was mentioned. We were only there a week so didn't bother. You'll definitely come across the ferry as you can see it docked once you walk down to the old town.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.