Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
I also would appreiciate any information on this but in Kos (Aqua Beach Club, First Chioce)

Thanks in advance
Hi

Just found this information on the first choice website:

baby packs
Don't struggle to bring everything you need. Instead, pre-book a baby pack and we'll provide items such as Chicco high chair, baby bath, changing mat, Chicco buggy with sun canopy, cot, playpen, sterilizer, bottle warmer and UV sun tent. NEW for summer 2006, handheld food blenders will also be included to make your family holiday even easier. Available at all our Holiday Villages and selected Familyplus properties from just £50 for 1 week or £60 for 2 weeks.

To add baby packs to an existing booking, please call us on 0870 850 3999.back to top

kids buggies
If all you need is a buggy then pre-book a lightweight stroller with sun canopy, subject to availability.

Please call us on 0870 850 3999 after you have made your booking online.back to top
im travelling with thomsons to the oasis papagayo village , superfamily , but they have no sterilisers , which is what im after really !!!!
Here's a top tip I invented a few years back for a DIY steriliser - we have used this many times when we needed it for our babies and never had a problem - it will even work for you in a hotel room.

* Bring small travel kettle to sterilise water for making formula etc.
* Bring Milton sterilising tablets.
* Bring plastic bowl, just large enough to wash baby bottle one at a time. (Place other items within it when packing to reduce the space it uses)

* When you get there, buy the largest drum of water you can find (5 litre I think is the largest, they have them in Caleta).
* Empty the water out of the drum. Then cut the top off the plastic drum (about 5 inches or so in height) so that you make a large container. Keep the top part + lid as a cover.
* Use the plastic bowl + kettle water + washing up liquid to wash bottles etc.
* Now all you need to do is to fill the steriliser daily with fresh drinking water and add in the Milton tablets.
* Use boiled kettle water to rinse off the Milton after you remove from the DIY steriliser.

As an additional tip, a flask comes in very handy when travelling with babies. This works very well when accompanied with the compact Avent travel formula dispenser - instant and warm milk! (make sure to cool before giving to baby though) :)
HTH.
my niece is going to corralejo in april with a 7mth old baby can anyone tell me what kind of nappies they have and how much they cost shes been told they are really expensive and also what kind of baby food in jars they have which make any info will be a great help :wink:
Hi patricia,
hope youre neice has not gone yet. they have all the named brands in supermarkets but obviously in spanish, but they have pics shoing whats inthem. on site shops sell 'english' foods. dont bother with nappies take youre own, pampers etc are way to expensive.
hope this helps and its in time.
hi, my family and i are going to fuertventura with a 3 month old baby this oct. any tips and advice you can think of would be helpful we are staying in correlja oasis tamarindo. some of the most important things we would like to know is
can you hire baby stuff out there?
what is the best way to keep your baby cool when your out?
what top ten things should we pack?

anything else is a bonus
Hi

We are coming to Fuerteventura in August witha 4 month baby, and were hoping to save space in our luggage buying nappies whilst we are there! However - if they are extrortionately (sp!) priced,or of a poor quality then i'll give up suitcase space happily!
What have others done?

Also any other tips are greatly appreciated, as we have never travelled with young children before. (We also have a 4 yr old)

Thanks in advance
Hi all,

We are off to Correlejo in june, i know that in majorca and mainland spain pampers are called dodot, can anyone confirm if they are in furte.

Thanks
Just wondering if anyone can give assistance. Our family is going to Caleta de Fuste next March, 4 adults, 2 children and a baby, and want to hire a people carrier for 3 or 4 days. Recently my husband and I were in the resort on a last minute break and I went into 7 car hire places in Caleta de Fuste and they could supply a car seat for the 2½ year old but they did not have a small baby car seat for a 7 month old baby. Unsure what to do now, maybe the airline will let us bring one across, but what with bringing over pushchairs etc. we are going to be snowed down with equipment. Are their any hire places, that hire out baby equipment in the area ?
I am taking my 14 month old son to costa caleta (barcelo club el castillo) and would like any info on where we can hire either a playpen or travel cot for him to play ib beside us at poolside
Hi danna, Laura Allen at the Amigos Playcentre will be able to help you. As well as operating a playcentre for 0 - 6 yrs she hires out baby items, high chairs, prams, sun parasols, mosquito nets, stair gates etc.
I have her hire list. Travel cot with bedding is 3 euros for 24hrs, 15 euros for a week with 30 euros refundable deposit, if returned in condition you got it in.
The playcentre is based quite near to where you are staying - underneath Castillo Suites/San Jorge
Laura's phone no is 0034 669914838 or amigosplaycentre@hotmail.com
:D
hi was in corralejo in March this year and we ran out of nappies, and after being caught on the mainland with inferior nappies, we're so happy when we found Pampers Baby Dry in Netto on the main street.
however not as good as ours, as no strechy sides but as a stop gap we're great.

to thoses of you haven't been, the resort is so family friendly and our apartments Los Alisos hired out all baby stuff inc sterlisers and buggies, so am sure other more family orientated hotels will do too.
i bought a Lindam travel steriliser before we fly, which was basically 3 plastic bags that you add water to and microwave, worked really well.

hope this helps a bit
Hi Flooz,

Were pampers expensive ? not sure if to take enough for the whole fornight, would prefer to travel light, but dont really fancy paying the earth :wink:
Nappies ARE EXPENSIVE! If you can spare the baggage allowance take at least one big bag of nappies with you. Approx £10 for 14!
:shock:

Strollers don't count towards your luggage allowance so take your own.

Our hotel hired out baby stuff if you needed it too.

Any other q's feel free to ask, and I'll see if I can help
We will have a 3 yr old and a 7 month baby when we come out in March, do you think we will be allowed to take 2 strollers on the plane. Thanks
I would check with your travel agent or airline.
All items you need to hire in Fuerteventura you can find in fuerteventurahire.com.
Delivery and collection where you stay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.