General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I can't help with practical advice I am afraid but I just wanted to say :welcome to HT. I am sure members can help :)
While you are waiting, I did find a thread here of tips for flying with baby.
Hi :-) I'm going in our first family hol abroad with our 4 yr old and 12 month old in 3 weeks! I'm so excited, I've looked around lots like yourself in the lead up to our hol for any words of wisdom, tips an others experiences and ideas, a few things I've learnt are- take a small paddling pool to put next to sunbed by pool or on the beach for little one to play safely in when not in the pool, put some little toys/balls in there. Some new things for the flight, maybe even wrap them up to make it more exciting and prolong the interest to keep them occupied, let them burn off some energy before the flight, maybe get a uv sunsuits, once a day sun cream if your little one is old enough to protest having cream on every few hrs! Take a DVD player for the flight/in the room for quiet time out if the sun or rest time before tea. maybe request a balcony with sun incase u need to go back to the room for your little one to nap, you can still sit in the sun once she's asleep, but she might be happy sleeping on the pram anyway. give them something to drink/suck on take offs an landing. if your little one is crawling/walking take something to cover plug sockets with an baby proof abit, take some familier things, blanket ir teddy, fave snacks etc how are you feeding your little girl? ill see if can think of some more but I've not actually been yet either so interested in any other tips people may have!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.