Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Weather Late September early October will be warm @ 20 +C daytimes. Evenings much cooler so pack a cardi or two.
October can be unsettled. In the middle of October last year, we had heavy rain storms on a few days in parts of the island which caused some flooding
the rains usually come from around the 2nd week of september onwards and tend to be in the form of thundershowers,usually short lived but can be extremely heavy,into october it can still reach 30 degrees at times but rare,it is warm in the sun when it's out but it's very unpredictable,i've known an entire october be scorching and dry one year and then the next the whole month has been a wash out.

Where on the island would you be heading for?
Thank you!

We were looking at Pefkos but I think I might look at going there another time when the weather's a bit more likely to be dry and sunny!

One of the big benefits of going on holiday is how much the sun helps my health problems, I'd be gutted if I went away and it rained for a lot of the time!
Please dont let comments from sambacasual put you off.
In over 20 years of holidaying here in October, we have never had a wash out.
We have now lived here for 2 years & its only been the months from December to April when we have had day after day of rain. We have sat outside eating our Christmas dinner in warm sun.
When it rains here it does tend to be heavy for a few hours, then the warm sun returns.
Very often it will rain in one part of the island , but not another.
TPE or whatever,you should trying READING my posts rather than READING INTO,you've dismissed my comments and then agreed with everything i said,the only reason you've rubbished my post is because it'sme and every time you post one of your whacky random mumblings i correct you!

Forum comedy.....but i digress........

Rachel it's how i said,it does rain but it's short and sharp if it does,it's never ruined the party so to speak,not until later in october,dont let it put you off this beautiful island,we have the most amount of sun of anywhere in the med apparently and temp wise down in lindos and pefkos it will still be hot,i've been on kiotari beach for a BBQ at xmas and caught the sun before and many people say that september is the best month as it's still hot but not as ferocious and opressive as august.try it,you'll love it.

For the record during the last 2-3 days of july and the first 3 days of august back in 1998 the island was struck by a huge set of ongoing storms that caused widespread damage,landslides,lengthy power cuts,messed up beaches and localized floods,i remember it clearly as we arrived on the day it was clearing up and the damage we saw on the road from the airport was mental,in the height of summer,conversley last summer we had a huge storm on about the 10th of may and then i dont recall seeing a single cloud until 4 months later,also the hottest day of the summer is often between spetember 1st and 5th at some point!
Now now folks let's keep it friendly - thanks :tup
nothing unfriendly there glynis,all tongue in cheek from me(apart from the advice) :tup
Thanks everyone. We've decided to go somewhere completely different and decided on Egypt instead. Partly because of the weather but mainly because it'll work out a lot cheaper, and my friend would prefer 5* AI instead of self catering!

Going to keep the place I found in Pefkos for my next holiday with my boyfriend! :D
Hi,

Can anyone let me know whether it is windy in Ixia in late September/early October.

Thanks
Its always windy on the west coast
Just to report This October 2016, there was one overnight shower.rest of the month was hot. So far November has been warm in the daytime but nights are chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.