Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Can anyone tell me how much a private transfer would cost from Faro to Lagos please? We have been quoted 120 euros return. Does that sound about right?
That's reasonable - but bear in mind that, should the government choose to begin charging tolls on the A22 early (it's currently thought that tolls will commence in September and I think you're going in August, so should be o.k.), any additional cost by way of tolls will be passed on to you.
Hi just back from albufeira and thought this might be of interest, used a transfer company called YELLOWFISH they were brilliant cost 60 euros return.Ive never used them before but after seeing a reccommendation somewhere thought we would give them a go.There was only 2 of us this time but the taxis will hold 4 comfortably for the same price (they also offer a free bottle of wine) I have to say this is the best service we have had when visiting Albufeira and we have been visiting for the last 10 yrs.
Very friendly and reliable

Jeanie
Hi
We were in Albufeira a couple of weeks ago and saw Yellowfish minibuses pottering around and at the airport. Good to know they come recommended .
How far is it from Porto airport to Povoa de Varzim please? Is there a bus service or metro e.t.c and if so do they run all night? If not how much would a taxi cost. Thanks in advance :tup
27K according to Google. There's a price here Marlou http://www.portoairporttransfersto.com/povoa-de-varzim/ But you may get cheaper if you price check around the net.
Hi all, this will be my first trip to Portugal and im realy looking forward to it , we have managed to get a great deal and we are looking to keep things as cheap as possible, so whats the train or bus situation to Club Praia Da Rocha from Faro? we are a party of 6 and only taking hand luggage ... i think we land a 8pm ish from leeds on the 12th June , any info would be great...
Hello cydone80, the best I can do is this, there is a bus from the airport to Faro not sure of the times. The train station is just up the road from the bus station, then there is the timing you could have to wait a long time for the train once at the station if they run that late. Then you would have to get a taxi to your hotel you may have to get two as there are six of you.
If I was you I would look on the internet to see about a airport transfer there and back with six of you it would be a lot easer save a lot of time and I am sure not that much more of a price.
Have a look at Travel Republic or just put in airport transfer from Faro Airport to Praia Da Rocha and see what comes up.
Dave.
resorthopper. WATCH OUT.

being reported on other forums, problems with this company via credit card fraud.
people have had their cards cloned and money taken out sometimes months later, also same company in Spain. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.
Hello,

I'm going to visit Algarve next month. Could you advise me a reliable local taxi service? Or maybe I should use an international taxi service, like http://kiwitaxi.com/ ?
Hi there,

Does anyone have tried this guys out at Faro Airport: Blue Label Transfers

Some of my family members did used this airport transfers company 1 month ago, and they've highly recommend them.

It seems that is a local based Faro company that is located 5 min from Faro Airport, i think the owner is also one of the drivers. From what my buddy did told me they have a very reliable, prompt and puncutal service, tidy & clean mercedes fleet vehicles as also for the rates, i've been checking recently and they are doing a top notch bargain from Faro airport to Albufeira, price with return (54 euros), 27 euros each way from 1 to 4 passengers.

I've searched and it's a pretty good deal. I might gonna try, also their reviews are pretty impressive. We've used last year Shuttle direct and after a bad experience with their local provider carrier Greenbus i've decided not use them again.

Look forward to someone's opinion on Blue Label Transfers company so i can decide on our faro airport transfer booking.

Cheers
David, you might want to proofread and edit your post above - the grammar is confused and in particular the verb tenses are very mixed up. It creates the impression that English is not your first language and this might lead some readers to conclude that really you are Portuguese and trying to drum up business for a company that you have local connections with rather than this being a disinterested request for feedback from someone from the UK who is looking to make a transfer booking. ;-)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.