Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Thats not a bad price, its 51 euros each way by taxi.

But not sure how reliable this company is though?????
Last year, we used Menorca Airport Transfers - 80 euros each way from the airport to Ciutadella. For those saying it's much cheaper to just get a random taxi at the airport fair enough, but to have someone waiting with your name on a sign when it's pitch black, during a massive thunderstorm and your rather exciting flight has been delayed, is worth its weight in gold. The return journey was perfect.
Is it easy enough to get a taxi from the airport to Viva Menorca Apartments at Cala n Bosch.

has anyone any idea roughly how much they cost?

First time to menorca so any advice would be great!!

Anne
Hi Anne, just come back last Friday. It is simple, all you do is go outside and there are lots of taxis. It cost us 60 euros and we were staying just over the road from Viva Menorca, near the lighthouse.

The taxi back however was only 56 euros. If you need a number for coming back i have a number which is very reliable (its our 8th year there this year and we are going back in September).

Have a great time, as I'm sure you will.
Hi, we have got a transfer with first choice. I am wondering if we would be better getting a taxi from the airport at the price that you have paid, as i can not be doing with sitting on the bus for hours stopping at every hotel.Could any one let me know if they have done the transfer to Viva Menorca with first choice and how long dose it take. thanks kazlin
Dont know how long it will take with First Choice but the taxi takes approx 1 hour. I think i know what i would prefer to do.
Hi Kazlin. We did a First Choice transfer last year. We were staying further away from the Viva (At the Casas Del lago and the last stop!) and if I remember correctly, it took about 1 hour and 45 mins all in all. It was a straight run from the airport and the coach stopped at only one or two other resorts en route, but there was about 5, or maybe 6 drop offs in Cala en Bosch before the Viva. We debated at the time getting a taxi but didn't bother in the end and to be honest, it wasn't that bad. We had a 2½ year old with us and she went to sleep for the most of the journey which did help.

I think it also depends on how many of you there are and how much luggage you have. There are very few mini buses (except if you pre-book) waiting at the airport and if there are more than 3 of you (inc luggage), you may need two taxis.

Sarah :)
Hi lins please can you supply me with the telephone number for the cheap taxi that you got for 56 euros. I need a return taxi to the airport. I booked our taxi from the airport to the resort through freedomdirect this was very reasonable. there are 8 of us travelling we got a minibus for £76.48. Two families and it makes it quite cheap.
Hi Louby, the taxi number is 971482222 (these are Cuitadella taxis) and like i say are very reliable. When do you go?
Hi Lins , thanks very much for the telephone number, much appreciated, we go sat 28th july for 1 week staying at roc lago park.
Well, have a lovely time. If you phone the taxis and there is no English speaking person, if you go to a regular bar during your stay, then ask the bar owner to phone it for you. Although i speak some Spanish i can be a little lazy and it is easier for them to do it. Rueben up at the Titanic (near the lighthouse) did it for me this year and last year. Most bar owners will do this for you. Or alternatively, while you are down near the marina, write all your information down on a piece of paper (dont forget the 24hour clock) and hand it to one of the taxi drivers down there. It may seem complicated but trust me it is so simple. Enjoy.
Thanks for the number of the taxi. Good to know they are reliable.

THanks again

Anne
Hi thanks again for the telephone number and the information you had provided,this is very useful and i will take you up on your advice, many thanks.

Louby
Hello (new comer ) just booked to go to cala blanes on the 8 sept for 10 days ,( 1st time in menorca )arriving at around 7 pm , been quoted £103 for private taxi is this about right ,could i just get a taxi from outside the airport and if so how much would it be , stopping in the cabo de banos apt
Hi Neil and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with several other topics on transfers and taxis.

Although some of the prices in earlier posts are a couple of years old, £103 sounds a bit steep even if it was for a return transfer.

THIS SITE has prices for taxis to the main resorts, but I don't know how up to date it is.

You could also try Shuttle Direct or Resorthoppa.

HTH

luci :wave
Hi,

I recently travelled to Cala'n Blanes and just got taxi outside. Managed to get guy singing Elvis witch made for an interesting journey. Was very informative too about various buildings and shopping places on the way.

Anyway taxi was 52.00 Euros and there were 2 or us with luggage. Driver showed us a chart with the prices.

My advise would be get a taxi and save your money. Nothing to worry about.
my daughter taxied from calan bosch to mao airport for 56 euros if anyone is interested
a return taxi pre-booked through tompsons in the UK would cost you £111 for the return trip from airport-cala N forcat - airport which i thought was stupidly expensive when you can hire a car for a week for not much more than that.

check out the car rental firms sited at the airport ans drive yourself, the roads are quite easy to drive on in menorca, but make sure you get a road map with the car.
Hi
I am off to Prinshotel La Caleta and I have been quoted £140 return transfers. It sounds incredibly expensive to me. It is near Citudella. How far away is it. :( Any ideas if this is reasonable or not!!
Thank you
Ana Sacco
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.