Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Just in case anyone is concerned I also have the correct licence !!
Hello Everyone

I am travelling to Faro in April and onward to our apartment Club Praira da Oura in Albueferia. I am perfectly happy to use a taxi (all part of the holiday!)

I have come across Resorthopper.com who seem to provide transfers from the airport to people's hotels. Has anybody heard of this company please? If so, how good were they? I am a bit reluctant to pay in advance if they turn out to be unreliable.

Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
We use Alan all the time, hes a frequent visitor to these forums and very reliable. Prices are also very reasonable, and you get a ride in an air conditioned Disco :)
http://www.ownersinportugal.org/

You'll find details on his webby, or pm me and I'll give you more details.
Thanks Mad Mick.

I have emailed Paul and will await his response. I had spotted he offered a reliable and reasonable service according to other posts.

The thing that appealed to me about this other company is that they actually do a shuttle bus (apparently) so the cost is purportedly only 10 euros per person, no doubt because you probably go all round the houses before you get to your own resort but that doesnt bother me - we will see the locality(!)

I am sure however that Paul will come up trumps ;}

Thanks again for taking the trouble to post a reply.
Np and I'm sure Paul will be fine :)
hi chris, alan in portugal is a reliable personal airport service .Mick as used him. these other firms are ok but what if there are 6 of you travelling at 10 euros per person thats a hefty 60 euros what a rip off, be careful looks attractive but errrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. think about it? regards jayjan
If you have a look in the Complaints Forum, you'll see my experience with ResortHoppa. Don't touch them with the proverbial bargepole.
glad u replied with comments jock you obviously had the experience. Alan in portugal is a british guy living in portugal and runs a good personal airport transfer service. hope many people take your advice and steer away from the money makers who dont give two hoots about clientelle. Regards Jayjan
Most of the major companies want you to claim of your insurance if your flight is delayed this means paying out twice when you are on holiday :(
I noted the remarks re Alan in the Algarve for airport transfers at 10euros per person. What does that charge cover exactly? Is it per transfer or per kilometre? Is it one way or return? We may be going for a villa next year and will need airport transfer. :?: Gill
I have a few contacts who can do you a reasonably priced airport pick up/drop off, ie 35 euros pick up, 30 euros drop off for 1 to 4 people to Albufeira if you are interested. Fairly basic, but how long are you in the van, and widows are all fit to be opened!
Why not try

http://www.pringlevillas.com

as they seem very cheap and use one of the largest transfer companies in the Algarve.
hi,can anyone tell me how far lagos is from the airport and the price in a taxi.
its our first time in portugal really looking forward to it.
Hi Lessie
It's about 50 mile to Lagos and a taxi is about 65 euros, it takes aprox 1 hour to get to Lagos from Faro airport.
You will love it it's a great place, we like it so much we have bought a place in a village just west of Lagos.

Happy Holiday
Graham
Hi Lessie Re airport transfers try alan Hes British but lives on Algarve he does an excellent airport service and very reasonable his website is
http://www.ownersinportugal.org you can email him from this site. Regards Jayjan
Hi Lessie :wave

Alan responds very quickly to queries via e-mail. I sent a request for a quote re airport transfers last night and had a reply this morning :D

The hotel where we are staying in Albufeira have also offered airport transfers and they are the cheapest yet. Perhaps you could see if your proposed accommodation provide transfers - worth a shot :pele

Carol :wink:
hi,thanks for all the replies they were a great help.
I have contacted alan and look forward to hearing from him.
Sorry i have been a bit quiet on the Forum but my wife underwent major surgery a few weeks ago. She is now recovering well so I am back again.

Thank you to everyone who has pout messages for my service on the forum. I have met some really great people through this site and look forward to seeing you this year.

Kind regards

Alan
Welcome back Alan, hope your wife is recovering OK.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.