Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I have booked a last minute flight to join my family in Punta Prima tomorrow night, but am wondering how best to get to the hotel from the airport. I was going to book with shuttle direct, but think its a bit too late notice. how easy and how safe is it to get in a taxi???
Hi :cheers
We are travelling to Menorca on Tuesday and staying in Prinshotel La Caleta Santandria and we are just gonna pick up a taxi at the airport.
Does anyone know roughly how much it will be?
Also we land at approx 9am is it a problem queuing for a taxis at the time. We will have two small children with us and dont want to spend hours standing in the sun waiting.
Thanks for your help
Ana Sacco :que
Should be around 46 Euro's

Try the below url from another post at the top of the board

http://www.accommodationinmenorca.com/Taxi%20fares.pdf
Hi. We (4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant) are going to Santo Tomas in July. We recently went to Majorca and used Janerbus for the transfer who were very reasonable. Is there a similar service on Menorca?
Just to answer my own question. I've been pointed in the direction of http://www.shuttlemenorca.com for transfers, and their prices seem good.
Hi, anyone who's just got back, any info on the taxi price from Mahon airport to Cap D'artruix (lighthouse) would be appreciated, just so we have an idea. Decided not to go for the shuttle bus (as in a previous post) because we just want to get from the airport and then back again without dropping off and picking up... Just our choice. :)
Cheers
Linsi
Just back from Cala'n Forcat. Used Shuttlemenorca for our airport transfer (2 adults, 2 kids) and would certainly recommend them.
Taxi Price to Calan Bosch from Airport

Anyone know the prices for 2010?

Thanks in Advance
Have had a look at a couple of companies on the net and it's coming out around £125 return by taxi or £40.50 by shuttle bus (bus based on 2 people taxi will take 4) these prices are taken from here http://www.airporttransfers.co.uk/to/Calan_Bosch/
Hi TonyR,
We used these last year http://www.shuttlemenorca.com and we have booked again for this year for July. Cost for the 2 of us is 52 euros return. They were excellent and Cala En Bosch was the first drop off (although this may not always be the case).
Linsi
We -2 adults 2 children & luggage- are making our own way from the airport to Son Bou, surely I can just get a taxi from the airport pretty sharp and reasonably priced? I've been to the island a few times with travel firms so we've always had the transfer supplied. Any advice appreciated. :cheers
I read about all the above stuff in many places- here is a summary of my knowledege:

There are no private TAXI firms on the island, just regionally organised and licensed. Their tarrifs are set by councils and based on distances. ALL these TAXIs are safe, reliable you will not get a cheaper or more expensive deal from them. They will be DIRECT to your destination ( I would say for journey less than 25km they will be no more expensive , often cheaper and direct )

I have yet to arrive at Airport ( I go at least 6 weeks across any year ) and there be no taxis waiting

Transfer services ( shuttlemenorca is probably the only professional service on island )

Offerings are typically based on 'shared' or 'private'

Shared means you have no control over time,waiting beacuse they may wait for delayed co-passengers, will drop off in order best for them so you might well be the last.

private uses a licensed car and is well over the price of a taxi.

Your take your choice

I would stress that any UK internet based service that makes any transfer claim should be verified as WHO on the island is carrying out the service. If they cannot tell you then walk away. Any tour company will subcontract one of the islands small number few services provider torres, auto fornells etc etc

The island is SMALL 35k long. the longest jouney time from Airport assuming normal traffic , sticking to speed limit, in a car is 50min and that journey would be Airport to Son Xoriguer.
thanks for the info islandboy, are the taxi that are always at the airport primed for action and able to accomodate a family of 4 and 4 suitcases?
Yep ready and a waitin'. Take the furthest right exit out of baggage claim, stress te 20metres to do opposite glass doors- Step outside. Taxi Rank!

They come in all shapes and sizes, so im sure if there is a little'n at the front the bigun behind would take you.
Airport to Calan Bosch in July 2010 cost me 71 euro's on the meter as would not agree a price beforehand
Hello. :wave:

We (2A + 2K) went to Cala en Porter last summer.

We found the taxis at the airport reliable and very reasonable.
€20 Airport to Cala e Porter.
Even cheaper the return journey €16.

By the way, on both journeys the taxi drivers were absolutley stunning young Menorcan ladies. ;)
"Airport to Calan Bosch in July 2010 cost me 71 euro's on the meter as would not agree a price beforehand"

- The meter will run but it is distance tarifed and will match the regulated price. CB is just about the longest airport journey you can make on the island and I would say 70 odd Euros was on the mark.
Hi all we are off to Cala en Porter on the 8th July have looked around for a transfer for 5 adults maybe 6 seen one for £84 return is that a good price or should i just pick a taxi/minibus at the airport Thanks

DAVE
Hi does anybody know the current price for a taxi from the airport to es castell ( Rey Carlos) ?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.