Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Gail - this hotel is fab, I went there in October with Matt (who is also a Mod on here) with Jet2. This was the hotel where they held their annual, the people there are great, you will enjoy the hotel. We did not do much there but it was a stone throw from Paphos main centre.
Thanks, any useful info appreciated.
I haven't been in March before but my sister used to live just outside of Paphos. The weather at that time of year is pretty mixed- best to prepare for all eventualities. It can be fairly warm during the day, but also you could have cool or just cold days. Nights will be quite chilly. Best time of year to get out into the countryside for walks and to see the spring flowers, which are beautiful and out in abundance,
Hire a car and tour around. Lots to see and do. Don't miss the Troodos mountains - but definitely wrap up warmly. Lots of lovely little villages there.
Just to add- if you like to ski, you may be able to do that higher up the Troodos mountains.
When we reached the top of the mountains( can drive all the way up), we were really cold and that was in August when it was hitting 40 degrees centigrade in the resort.
Sounds a little like living in the Lake District in the summer
Having been to the Lake District in the summer- you might well be right! Four seasons in one day.
I originate from there. A small town 3 miles from my birthplace was named because it had snowed there one mid-summers day
Probably the same year that the NE of Scotland got snow in June. I think it was 1975.
Where in the lakes Gail?

In terms of the hotel, I'd suggest elasticated trousers for lunch time. Or maybe that's just me...
Been a few years since I stayed at this hotel but understand it's still very good. Only stayed B&B but breakfast always had plenty of options although I could never understand why they deep-fried the bacon! Comments about weather in March are correct. If you drive up to Troodos you may see some snow. Season does seem to start mid to late March so you may be lucky with some of the restaurants if you fancy eating out. Gabor is a very good French one. If you want to walk to Paphos Harbour there's a good coastal path that runs at the back (between hotel and beach) of hotel.

Enjoy!
What's the general consensus with regard tips at the Hotel?
what should we expect to pay for a nice meal outside the hotel?

We booked all inclusive. However like to go out to a good restaurant too!
Fiona, no it was in days of monasteries- an ancient legendary tale.
Matt, i originate from West Cumbria
Already suggested Gabor in previous post. Lovely terrace but you may be seated inside in March. Cavellini (Italian underneath Gabor) is also very good. Same comment about seating, I've been in May and sat inside on upper floor. Had subdued lighting so made great atmosphere. Wouldn't like to guess at cost at both now, as it's been a while since I was last there. As for tipping, I left that to the bill payer who is known for his generosity after a good meal.

Unfortunately, some restaurants disappeared during the economic downturn. Another good one is Olivio's in Anarita village. You would have a taxi ride to that as it's back towards airport. It's owned by same guy who runs Da Vinci (bar and restaurant on one way system just up from hotel).
Thanks posh girl. By tips. I meant at the actual hotel.

We tend to recognise those who make our holiday... at the end. Just wondered if that's what others do there.

Don't want to offend!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.