Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
i hope you enjoy your break.. i will be in malgrat in mid june. just got back yesterday but the weather was not too good. should be a lot better next month
you will notice the difference between the two hotels though!
cheers jim, its since the kids have left school, it gives us a lot more time to ourselves, just hop on a plane and we are away for a few nights, fantastic, hope you have a lovely time in june too
Hello, am considering a break to Santa Susanna, but the cost of private transport from Barcelona is putting us off, have looked at Girona but the only airline is Ryanair, not happy with that much prefer Easyjet, so my question is how easy is it to train it to the resort? Any advice gratefully accepted.

thanks Rosie
train from barcelona is fairly straightforward and cheap.
turn left out of arrivals and walk to the end of the terminal where you will see a bridge which connects to the station. takes around 10-15 minute stroll. there is a bus that does a transfer but i have never bothered with it.
train costs around €5 pp
you are normally advised to change trains at Sants station but i change at El Clot Arago because it is normally less busy and is just a change of platform by going up and down an escalator. get on the back of the train at the airport
more info here
http://rodalies.gencat.cat/ca
never had a problem with ryanair to gerona. only problem with going this way is that public transport from the airport is not brilliant and you need to get a taxi at around €55 or use a transfer company or get bus to gerona and train from there to SS
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.