General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Gynis, this article you've linked to must be at least 12 years old or else the author is telling porkies! :-) He says that he moved to Spain 4 years ago while the currency was still the peseta but Spain switched to the Euro right at the beginning of 2002 - 16 years ago!
I decided to highlight Jim's post on moving to Spain. You will find it HERE and also will be giving a link to it on our Facebook page.
  • Edited by Fiona 2018-04-12 06:23:48
I wondered about the date SMa because of the very same reason but couldn't see one 😂 I still found it interesting though 👍

I also noticed that the latest comments are current 👍
I couldn't find a date either and I did find it interesting but for all the wrong reasons! He doesn't seem to have done the research that Jim did and also was expecting to be able to easily find employment working for ex-pats which suggests to me that perhaps he either didn't speak much Spanish or wasn't planning on learning? Given that he went out without a job to go to, then £15,000 in savings doesn't seem like much of a financial cushion whilst you find your feet and somewhere to live and get a job. If it warns others that you can't move to Spain and expect to fall on your feet as soon as you arrive then it will have helped others :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.