Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
not as far as I know. I think the tax was introduced mainly to the islands. I am sure Sanji would know.
Atm..... There's only 2 places in Spain ... Catalonia and the Balearic islands with a tourist tax. There won't be one in Benidorm for 2018 because the 'law' had to go before the Valencian parliament and the deadline 31st October 2017 wasn't met.

Sanji x
Brill thanks Sanji - star
I'm in Spain atm, a very quick booking made on Monday morning and flew from Donny airport at 6 am yesterday......here for 6 days to celebrate Dave's 76th birthday tomorrow.

Previous posted link not working.

Quote:
"The Consell discards to implant the tourist rate in the two laws of their budgets for 2018"
:offtop
Personally I don't agree with this tax. I went to Ibiza for my 70th birthday during easter week. It was decided between my son and Dave, my son flew from Hong Kong to Madrid and then ibiza.
We stayed in 5* boutique apartments in Ibiza town that were very nice but also very expensive. We put plenty of euros into the economy eating each night in posh restaurants..... To give you an idea, the bill was €400 on 2 occasions for the meal and a few gin/tonics, (4 of us.)........I don't drink and had water and a 'Sprite' so actually only 3 were drinking.

On checking out of the apartments I had to pay another €17.70 eco tax.
It's not the money, it's the principal.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2018-04-27 21:22:36
    Link not working
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.