Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi Anth -weather should be pleasant, normally it is around the late teens in the day so it should be fantastic over Xmas with the babies.

What hotel are you staying in?

Lance
We've rented apartment called las plumas think it's in-between torremolinos and belamendina
Hi Anth, your apartment is in La Carihuela, a resort which myself & member Sanji love 👍 Excellent choice.

I was there for a few days last December & the weather was lovely, however I believe it can be changeable.

You're not far from Calle Bulto which is traffic free & lined with restaurants & little shops, some of which you can walk through to get onto the very long, again traffic free promenade.

The promenade stretches from the Torremolinos headland to the marina at Benelmadena. Great for walking with the children. Along the prom is cafes, restaurants and, on the beach, lots of chirinquetos (Spanish beach bars).

Restaurants. La Tahona on Calle Bulto is good. They have a snack type restaurant then, on opposite corner, a bigger more formal restaurant. You get free bread & garlic butter, & their garlic butter is to die for. I could happily sit & eat it as a meal 😁. They have a varied menu to suit all. They also own the little bakery opposite which is lovely for freshly made baguettes 👍

I'm going again for a few days in December. I love this little resort. Enjoy.
We went there last Christmas and as Glynis has pointed out above the weather in December in Torremolinos can change quickly. Saying that though we have some lovely days and while it was a bit nippy on the odd day, I would highly recommend the trip. I think we may have been super lucky but we did spend Christmas day on the beach and it was just fabulous.

G
Thanks for the feedback guys very helpful any recommendations for Xmas lunch and is easy enough to get taxis from airport
Hi.
As Glynis has said, your apartment is in La Carihuela next door to the hotel Tiburon on Calle Nidos.
La Carihuela is a village situated between Torremolinos town centre and Benalmadena, but it comes within the Torremolinos boundary.

The weather cannot be guaranteed at this time of the year, if it's sunny it will be pleasant and warm enough to do some sunbathing in a sheltered spot. It can rain for days and if it's windy it will be a cool wind.
However, one thing for certain, as the sun sets, the temperature will plummet and you need some warm clothes for the evenings and especially if it's windy.

Whilst there are a few small supermarkets scattered around, for the biggest selection and the best prices, your nearest supermarket is Mercadona......Turn left out of the apartments, head upwards to the main coastal road, head towards the swordfish roundabout and Mercadona is more or less opposite.

Please be aware that on Christmas Eve, everything that is Spanish will close early, all the shops, bars, banks and supermarkets. It's an important night for the Spanish, they close early to have family gatherings, a late meal and some will go to midnight mass....So, try and get your food in before Christmas Eve.
Christmas Day should be busy, they come from Malaga to spend Christmas day next to the beach.

I personally would head towards Montemar on Christmas Eve, here there are a selection of restaurants that will be open.... Indian, Chinese, Tex Mex and Brit bars....and an excellent carvery, but you will have to book the carvery.

Montemar is past the hotel Pez Espada heading towards Benalmadena Puerto and one street back from the promenade...it's a strip of bars and restaurants running from passed the hotel Pes Espada, opposite the farmacia to the end of the Torremolinos boundary which is opposite the Sol House hotel..

Taxis are plentiful, turn right as you come out of the arrivals hall and a few yards further along is a very well organised taxi rank...cost to your apartment on a normal weekday tariff, should be approx. 22 euros.

Sanji x

Very detailed answer Sanji
Thanks very much sanji this info will be very helpful it will make things alot easier
So sorry, I've just noticed that there are 5 in your party....my eyes are knackered. 

Taxis are only licensed to carry 4 passengers and they don't have child car seats.
You will have to take 2 taxis, or if a people carrier is available at the airport ( there are a few) you will have to wait until one is available ( the taxis queue in line and cannot jump the queue) obviously the price will increase.
The other option is to book a private transfer, search around on Google for the best prices and reliability.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2018-11-21 22:57:13
    Predictive text grrrr
Thanks Sanji I too got some tips about location of bars etc for my trip on 3rd December 👍😊
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.