General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Disturbing that this has only just come to light. Thecompany has reported the breach of regulations, not because they are trying to
show how good they are but because the law says they have to do so. Why I wonder do they need to keep such records so longafter the holidays have been taken and the financial transactions have been
completed?The other question we need to address is just how muchinformation is being held in various places without our knowledge. Insurance
companies trawling back through our medical history looking for ways to avoid
paying out. This is a bit long but a true example. Around 15 yearsago my Niece was in a road accident. A car came over the brow of a hill and hit
her car head on – she had to be cut out of the wreck. There was no doubt that
she was the innocent party backed up by the Police report.Amongst her injuries her right knee was shattered – it wasreplaced with an artificial one which eventually failed and was replaced last
year. At the hearing when she claimed against the other driversinsurance their lawyers claimed that damages should be reduced as at the age
of Seven she had visited the doctorcomplaining her knee hurt – the doctors notes suggested she had probably
knocked it while playing. It was so long go her mother and father could not
remember the visit to the doctor. Her knee did not give her any trouble before
the accident and the damage was caused by the impact.Just on example but I think it proves a point, yes themedical records may be necessary but should people be allowed to access them in
such ways. Should companies not be required to delete such information or at
least restrict it and keep it in a secure place?
I wonder if anyone is in dispute with them? They could ask for a copy of their call where the agent sold them a holiday for £1000, then, later, rang to inform them that, unfortunately, the accommodation has been overbooked but they can offer them a similar hotel for £1500. 😉😀
Please don't give anybody idea Glynis. :argue
I wonder if there is a statute of limitations for such a claim.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.