Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Slovenia
2 Posts
Hi Gweny! Stayed in Portoroz last year and visited Piran. Lovely town, BUT no parking and incredibly overrun with tourists like ourselves! Suggest you use the net for help - using say Google - type in Slovenia and accommodation. This should put you in touch with the Slovenian Tourist Office, who helped us enormously.

I suggest you look for appartments perhaps outside of Piran ... it's literally a dead-end village! You could stay in Portoroz or Koper and use the cheap scheduled bus services. Hope you have a great time!

You might find that static mobile homes could be the local solution, or stay B&B in a nice hotel and eat out. You will need to be mobile to get the best out of the area, and we found that the Slovenes preferred not to accept Euros (you can get tolars out of ATMs) where as the Croats took them with outstretched hands!

We stayed at the Hotel Lucija (4* local norms) in Portoroz: clean rooms, excellent buffet breakfast (7am until 11am) and friendly and helpful staff - receptionists are charming and speak fluent English. The website for this hotel is http://www.metropolgroup.si. The Lucija has good parking and a superb swimming pool. (The other 'group' of hotels (Riviera etc) is at the other end of Portoroz and has links to TOs such as Balkan Holidays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.