Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
I would have thought the train would be easier. Check out Spains timetable on http://www.renfe.es. The trains always run to time and are cheap. You will probably have to go into Barcelona to the Sants station and then out again but as I say check the website above for all the info.
Have a great holiday
We are also going to Spain for the first time at the end of May with three teenagers. Wasn't keen on Spain myself but they say that there is a lot to do for the easily bored brigade.

Have hired a car at Barcelona Airport as we thought it would be nice to drive along the coast and not have to struggle with suitcases. Also our return flight is quite early and so were worried that we wouldn't be able to get an early enough train. The Occidental Blau b.t.w. is one of the two hotels that I have not found anything negative reported (the other is La Gran Hotel La Hacienda in Pineda). It was a tossup for us which one we went for but we got an excellent price match on La Gran from Broadway Travel and settled with that. I think you will be very happy with Occidental - it is slightly upmarket which cannot be a bad thing! (No, not a snob but didn't want to take the risk!
hello
we went to Salou at the end of May last year and the weather was really good. A couple of showers one evening and one heavy downpour was all we had in a fortnight..Our last couple of days were really hot it seemed to be getting hotter
Jo
hope you have nice time too
Are you sure you want the station at Tarragona?

There is actually a Train Station in Salou itself.

Tarragona is a separate town althought area around is known by that name - A bit like our Counties with a County Town at the heart.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.