Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
:D The buses in malta are cheap and interesting main bus station( valletta ) I usually stay in Birzebbugia No 11 bus to small villiage south of the island and it is where all the maltese go at weekends it has a small beach and plenty of room during the week only the sea port spoils it but we spend every summer there. Golden bay is also a beach plus another bus journey
I have not stayed at this hotel but have stayed many times at the Gillierue which is just a bit further down the road.

The nearest beaches are Golden Bay and Melieha (sp) Bay both easily accessible by bus. Golden Bay is very isolated - beautiful beach but nothing there except two beach cafes and a brand new hotel which has a small section of the beach as a private beach. The buses returning in the evening look very crowded which is not comfortable when it is very hot.

Melieha Bay is a bit further but is a lot bigger and there seems to be more going on.

We always hire a car and we go out to the smaller beaches on the North Coast - Armier Bay, Little Armier etc. I think these are accessible by bus but the buses are few and far between.

There is not much going on in St Pauls Bay - just a few bars and restaurants but a very short walk around the headland and you are in Bugibba which is very busy and can bit too much like Blackpool for us (sorry Blackpool) with dodgem cars on the front and a Macdonalds. In the evenings it is full of Maltese families just walking up and down - it is a lovely atomosphere although as I said very busy.

Mandy
Hello shonamc,

I don't know what your hotel is like but your nearest beach is Mellieha Bay which is a ten minute bus ride north towards Gozo. It is a safe shallow sandy bay ideal for childeren. However it does get very busy at weekends as the locals head for the beach.
:wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.