Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
The trains run very regularly up til about midnight. Check out http://www.renfe.es for timetables. Most people say you need to change at Barcelona Sants station but it is actually easier to stay on the airport train and change at Mataro which is about 10-12 stops from Sants station and is a lot quieter with the kids and suitcases. The train will then come in to the station about 10 minutes later to take you to Calella.
We did this going back to the airport and it was a lot less hassle than in Sants station. Going back get off at Mataro and change trains,.The train will probably already be in as this is where it starts from and then stay on that train to the airport. It is approx 2.75 euros each for a single from the airport to Calella
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your help.

It is greatly appreciated.

When I get back I will post information regarding times for anyone else who needs them!

Thanks

Clare
I have got the same problem. I am going to Malgrat in May and am landing at 9.15 and I think the timetable says the last train is at 10p.m.
I have a full timetable for last year that started 09/05/04 and the last train from the airport to Malgrat is 21.59 but there are 2 more trains that leave the airport at 22.56 and 23.40 and if you stay on it when it goes through Barcelona it goes to a place called Mataro which is 9 stops from Malgrat and you could get a taxi from there if you wanted to save money.If I can be of any more help with the old timetable let me know.
That sounds a good idea thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.