Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi Alan and Julie

I would suggest that you perhaps contact the hotel directly to check out whether the hotel is suitable for wheelchairs and explain to them exactly what you need to get around. We've just come back from the Mira hotel in Calangute and there was a lady there who used a wheelchair and had awful problems with the hotel. Prior to coming to Goa she had been assured by the travel company that the hotel was suitable for wheelchair users, but the reps acknowledged on arrival that it was not. I'm not familiar with the hotel or the area that you're staying at, but my personal view is that unfortunately north goa, in general is not geared for wheelchair users. In fairness the hotel manager did try and convert some of the steps into ramps for the lady but you would expect these to be in place before you arrive if the hotel is supposed to be suitable for you.
Perhaps you could get something in writing from the travel company before you go just in case you need to make a complaint on your return.

I really hope you enjoy Goa, it's a wonderful place.

Sharon
Thanks for that Sharon, the company I booked the hotel through spoke to the manager and they assured us that there is only one small step into the room so we shall see, we are really looking forward to going and we are taking our 11 year old with us this time but if all goes well we may just have to go back on our own after christmas. so fingers crossed
cheers Alan&Julie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.