Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Take the train to Ravenna and see the beautiful mosaics - nearly all grouped together in the town centre, about 5-10 mins walk from the station - with a great ice cream shop almost opposite the station to help soften the walk!
If you have never visited Bologna before, I'd suggest you stay put. The city has suffered from the extra popularity of Florence, Rome, Venice, etc but it has LOTS to see. For example it has the oldest univeristy in the world, the largest library in Europe, a cathedral which was going to surpass the Vatican in size if the Pope didn't intervene to cut funds and where Charles Magne was crowned, 180 medieval towers, over 30 miles of porticoes (in case it rains, you can still walk around the city centre without getting wet), a basilica on the surrounding hills (for those hot days), Etruscan tombs, several parks, markets, etc - I could go on for another 10 pages. Definitely a city to visit, nightlife not to shabby either.
Thanks for the info. Any recommendations for bars and restaurants in Bologna appreciated!
Pizza: SELLAIO - Via San Donato 31 (open 19.00 - 01.00) always full, be prepared to queue

Ice cream (the best in the region): CAPO NORD - Via Murri 49/b - closed on Wednesday

Restaurant for local cuisine: AL PAPPAGALLO - P.zza della Mercanzia 3 and ANNA MARIA - Via Belle Arti 17/a
Restaurant for meat: AIRES DEL PLATA - Via dell'Abbadia 4
Restaurant for fish: BATTIBECCO - Via Battibecco 4/b, excellent wine list too

Disco: KINKI - Via Zamboni 1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.