Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I am a lot older than you so my tastes of Greece could be slightly not to your taste. We went to Sidari 2004 and found it very English espesially the food fish chips mushy peas, pukka pies, no it was not for us, we love Kefalonia we go to the boreing part of Lixouri but after doing so many times and makeing so many Greek friends and it's not touristy as very few brochures cover it. but Agostoli is different thats where the local bus station is you can get a bus all over the Island and travel very cheaply, eat in the square which many people rave over, walk or taxi into Lassi which unfortunately was built for tourist but is enjoyed by many. We have enjoyed Andros but when we went not a lot of bus rides other Islands you seem to have experienced yourself and other we have done are very remote. but hope I've helped
pojo
Based on where you've been before Parga, Nidri on Lefkas, Lindos or Pefkos on Rhodes, Molyvos on Lesbos or Lassi on Kefalonia would probably fit the bill. All these places still retain their 'Greekness' but aren't 'one horse towns' as my other half says, ie, they all have a big enough selection of bars and tavernas to keep you entertained at night.
I recommend Skiathos Town. We're a young couple and have been visiting the Greek Islands together for the last few years:

Zante - Laganas
Santorini - Kamari
Kefalonia - Lassi
Skiathos - Town

Plenty of restaurants and bars, one bus route taking you to a different beach each day. We've chosen to go back to Zante next year, but we'll def return to Skiathos.

Cejay
Skiathos for the beaches and to watch the sun set over the pelion, or Lakka on Paxos if you want to hire a boat and find a deserted cove and listen to the ciccadas ...
I would suggest:

Lassi in Kefalonia

or

Hanioti in Halkidiki
:) my family and i went to samos with simply travel {part of thomsons} off the beaten track.superb island nobody about . very relaxing .recomended.
Thanks for all your suggestions. We will be looking through the brochures this weekend.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.