Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
I went to the Seychelles May/June - supposed to be drier months but still got a weeks worth of rain - maybe just unlucky. Of the three have only been to the Seychelles - scenic. Mahe the main island has a number of attractions and beaches. La Digue is traffic free and has the kind of beach only seen on Bounty adverts. Island hopping is a popular choice for sightseeing - although can be pricey as internal flights may be involved. An expensive destination and some of the hotels not too great - although some of the newer ones have upped the standard
  • Edited by Sunbear 2005-04-01 13:25:12
Going by weather alone Mauritius is probably the best bet. The others have the twice the rainfall. You could even do a twin centre. Mauritius can twin up with the Seychelles. You can also stopover in Dubai on your way to the Maldives or Mauritius.
You can't really go wrong with The Maldives

We went to Sun Island (5 star plus resort) in June 2004 & October 2003, which is one of the largest islands in the Maldives (but some people might consider it small as to walk round the entire island will take you around 1 hour)

TAKE A LOOK AT THE REVIEW
http://home.ripway.com/2004-9/173743/sunisland/sunisland.html

The weather at the end of May is the start of the rainy season - but we still enjoyed temperatures in excess of 90 degress
There are many couples on honeymoon in the resort and you can do as much or as little as you like.

With Sun Island being a self-sufficient island then it would be an advantage to go for the All Inclusive option as meal & drinks are expensive ---- A 2 week AI at end of May should cost around £1300 each, check http://www.thomascook.com for a decent deal.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.