Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Argassi??
6 Posts
:lol: hi we stayed in argassi 18 months ago ,one of my best holidays i have ever had :P we stayed at the diana palace . the kids both had a fab time ,i felt relaxed to let my 15 yr old out with his new buddies . not sure about the katerina though :shock: try the boat trip to smugglers cove :D the water park was ok but i have been to better ! hope you enjoy :lol: 8)
Hi there,you can find a lot of reviews for The Katerina on Holidaysuncovered.Hope this helps, Sue :pele
How is the nightlife....where not looking for really lively, but just somewhere to go at night......

and where would you say is the cheapest place to rent a car......
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/zante/

Have a look here, lots of reviews for accommodation in Argassi.

I've been twice stayed in the Maria Mare and Windmill Apartments, both really good self catering apartments. Lots to do, loads of bars and restaurants. Beach isn't brilliant but I prefer the pool. We hired a car locally for a few days with Europacar.

Sarah
Myself and my 4 year old son went to Argassi for a week at end of May last year, coming back in early june. The weather was great....VERY hot and unusually so according to the locals....

Argassi...well...where to start.... we stayed at the Xenos Kamara Beach which is right down on the beach, just off the main road that runs parallel to the beach itself. The actual town itself has two main streets, the one which runs parallel to the beach and then one which runs off at a "T" halfway along...this other road goes up the hill to other restaurants and apartments such as Captains etc

You will read many reviews of the resort which will say WHAT BEACH??!! and they are right in that the beach is very narrow, enough for a couple of rows of sun loungers before you get into the sea. But for our needs the beach was ideal, it was clean, it was clear sea and if your idea of rows and rows of loungers doesn't appeal then this beach is ideal. If you go down the beach by the Church, or even by the Xenos Kamara (opposite 3 brothers restaurant) the beach is just fine. For kids the beach is an excellent one as the water goes out gradually....

Shopping - most of the shops are owned by people who are all related to each other, so there isnt much difference in the prices between each shop. But there are enough shops for what you need, while you are on holiday, some nice jewellery shops and plenty of shops for the kind of duty free which is cheaper than at the airport (drink, cigarettes etc)

Eating - well there are some great places to eat, some great traditional greek places Highly recommend Picadilly (restaurant with big fountain in the garden) food was excellent, . also had some lovely souvlaki and similar at GutBusters....not a greek name I know, but food was excellent just the same. Plenty of bars and pub type places to meet everyones tastes.

Argassi is not overly quiet, nor is it overly busy, but it is easy to reach Kalamaki and Laganas by coach or taxi. We were then when Greece were in Euro 2004 so it was quite noisy til late, but great atmosphere. My little boy loved it, as he got to play mini golf and ride the little electric cars.

There is also a courtesy bus which takes you to the beach of st Nicholas which is a lovely beach and excellent for watersports (eating places left a bit to be desired!), couple of good tour companies for tours which are cheaper than the reps ones and as far as we could make out....just as good!

Anyway, hope that gives you some idea, we would definitely choose to return to the resort, but with so many places to visit are trying to go different each time....if you have any other questions or anything, then please let me know....

Karen x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.