Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
most companies have staff in resort who complete the forms. There are a set series of questions and answers and ultimately the work is graded using their replies. EG if they grade 1 - 5 where 1 is minor and 5 major then the ultimate outcome is the highest number answer given.......does this make any sense????
Sunshiner - you mention forms and ratings, but are there any established guidelines for deciding?

I'm interested in this because my question would be "how does a tour operator decide that a new hotel is fit to open?". I assume that if resort staff decide that only "minor" building work is still ongoing, then maybe a hotel would be allowed to open.

Do tour operators have official (location-specific) signoff procedures with criteria against which new hotels are judged? Do they conduct internal audits to prove these procedures are being followed?
Hi
Each operator will have established guidelines in UK which are then communicated to resort. In resort operators have forms with questions and very specific answers which are supposedly objective. I say supposedly because anything is open to interpretation and some objectivity. UK tour operators also have meetings on a monthly basis between all companies in which they discuss issues related to customer safety and usually a new hotel opening would be discussed at this meeting also. In addition prior to going into a new hotel the operator should have completed a full list of safety checks. The operator will have records of both the completed safety check list and the report completed with regard to any construction work either in their overseas or UK offices.Most operators now have specially trained safety staff in resorts or who can travel to specific resorts if their expertise is needed. Most operators also only let trained staff complete the reports initally. There is internally auditing usually by resort management and at times (but rarely) from UK (this is usually in cases where problems have been noted over a period of time or a serious problem has occured.)
And when Thomson tell you that minor building work is going on near to your apartments and that it may be visible from some balconies - don't believe them.

Roughly translated means - full frontal view of fully operational building site complete with enormous crane, banging, digging etc going on from 7am throught the day!

And don't bother to complain when you get back and send in copies of your holiday video detailing the banging, the digging and the crane becos' Thomson don't give a stuff!
Hi there
I totally agree with tisonlymoi. I was told by staff in the Thomson Shop that works by my hotel would be finshed in February. I was going away in April, and was told that just footpaths there were not complete. Got out there and the road behind hotel was still being built and footpaths were none existant. I might add the road, still isn't complete and it is now June.
Make sure you check out this website first, and you will get a true picture, I did. I checked and knew what to expect.
Dawn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.