Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
kenya posts
67 Posts
Harry - don't know if you were refering to the Voyager - they do not provide nets - but good air conditioning and I took plug ins for the room - I did not get bitten at all--and they usually have a meal on me in Spain !!

The safari lodges vary from "meshed" windows to one which had nets - and they supplied ther own plug ins..

Hope this helps
Hi tinac
Read your review on the Voyager. Sounds great. Just one question when we went to Goa at easter outside the hotel we stayed in, there was a strip of tourist shops (beach sellars evening shift!!!) and a chemist and couple restaurants and bars. Not a lot but just enough for a little walk after dinner, after half an hour you had enough" of come a look in my shop cheaper than Harrods" and ran back to the safety of the hotel bar :) Is there anything similar outside the voyager Hotel. Or prehaps within a short Taxi distance.
Hi Knitter - we didn't venture out the hotel but they do provide their own taxis who will take you anywhere and wait - or arrange to pick you up at certain times - very reasonable too - I am sure they would advise where to go etc.. (the local supermarket was 30 mins walk - or 500 KSH in a taxi )

The general feeling I got what it wssn't the thing tro do to venture out - but may be very wrong - we walked on our "bit " of beach at night - but security guards warned not to go too far of the beaten track !

Many beach sellers actually on the beach -but as said - you didn't need to sunbathe on the beach -greatviewpoint from pool at hotel - sorry couldn't be of much furthur help - this was our first time - next time we might be more daring !!

Tina x
thanks tinac
We have made a decision we are going to Voyager with a 3 night safari to tsavo east national park. Roll on 23rd of december :D
Hi knitter..

We did a safari at the start of our hols as well. Went to Tsavo east/Ambrolesi and Tsavo West. If you have any queries please ask.

How lucky to be going at Christmas !!

Tina x
read Shellys trip report here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.