Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Samr

I have never been in paphos over Christmas and New Year but as I understand there are a lot of restaurants open and most of them do Christmas dinners.

In Cyprus though, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing day are all public holidays . I should think that the shops would be closed on Christmas Day.

I know that last year they had fireworks in Paphos for New Year.

Have a look at Jimbox's website http://www.cyprusliving.org and ask on there as I'm sure there are plenty of 'locals' who can help.
Sounds good to me. We are off there for 30th December and really looking forward to it. As long as we can get dinner and a drink on New Years Eve, then a few celebrations - we'll be happy.
We were in Pafos for new year a couple of years ago. Plenty of places were open, but some then shut down after new year. Even so, there will still be plenty of bars/tavernas etc open throughout the winter.
Christmas and the New Year are slightly low key compared to the UK, but many restaurants and bars are open, in fact only those closing for referbs etc will be closed, even of Christmas day you can find somewhere open to eat, the weather the last four years has been very nice too with holiday makers in the pools and even in the sea, (not me though ) you cant guarantee this of course and do remember it will feel cold at nights, make sure your accommodation has heating!
We have been going to Cyprus for about 20years at Xmas and New year and have always thoroughly enjoyed our holiday - anbron
Hi

I know you posted years ago about Cyprus at christmas, so you might not even pick up this message! But were thinking of booking Paphos for Christmas/New Year and wondered if you've got any tips, e.g. places to stay or visit? Are all of the restaurants open?

Thanks
Sally
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.