Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Went to Paphos for new year a few years ago and loved it! Plenty of tavernas open but get there early and pre-book if possible. Can't even remember what taverna we ended up in for new year as much wine was drunk but it was full of locals and we were made very welcome. Lots of stupid dancing and traditional greek music.

Probably not quite sunbathing weather though - average around 19 degrees - but warmer than here!

I'm sure someone will recommend a few venues, but I would say its a great idea. Actually, might do it ourselves now you mention it!

Richie
Thanks Richie.

Yeah it's not a bad idea. Everywhere is so expensive, and in comparison to Spain etc, Paphos seems pretty good value. I have found a week for 2 of us for 598. Canaries will cost us 1200.

Steve
Hi,

We have been to Paphos for the last two new years. Both times the weather has been hit and miss really but still bright and pleasant. Nights can get very cold so take plenty warm clothing for going out in the evening. We found quite a few places still open for eating and drinking (but a lot do close for the winter), but I'm sure you'll find somewhere for new years eve. Can't actually recommend a place for new year as both times we stayed at a hotel (Louis Imperial Beach and Louis Phaetheon) and had gala dinners at the hotel which were absolutely fantastic. Where are you staying by the way?

Dawntra
Thanks for info.

I haven't actually booked anything yet. Just found a good price considering time of year and compared to everyehwere else so thought may try it.

Still depating wether or not to book.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.