Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi Pete

I've requested this hotel be added to the reviews section.
Hotel website HERE.

Pippy :D
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Just got back from our short visit.

We enjoyed our stay at the Klezmer Hois Hotel in Kasimeirez. It is a bit dated and in a time warp but that somehow adds the ambiance of the Hotel.

We had quite a large room that was rather darkly decorated. Old antique style furniture etc. The bathroom was Ok with plenty of hot water. I noticed that there was no heater in the bathroom which would suggest to me that it would be a bit cold in winter. The main bedroom had two large radiators though. The bed was large and comfortable.

Part of the wall was a 'false' wall which may be a problem if noisy guests were in the next room. That did not happen to us.

It is quite a dark hotel. Very high ceilings with hanging lamps etc. Large oak staircases with antique furniture on the landings.

I found the staff very friendly in an efficient sort of way.

Breakfast was very nice for us. Served from 8am onwards but will provide a breakfast if you need it earlier. it was not a buffet breakfast. They serve you pots of tea or coffee. Choice of eggs. We had scrambled eggs which was lovely and well presented. A basket with a choice of rolls and sliced brown bread. Lovely cherry jam and cottage cheese and also choice of two cheeses and ham.

We also went to a 'concert evening' at the Hotel which I would recommend. You can also order a la carte from the menu whilst watching the concert.

The Hotel is extremely well placed in the corner of Szeroka square. A beautiful square with many bars and lovely restaurants. The tram also stops nearby. A walk to the main square in the centre would take about 15mins. There are also synagogues in the square. There is also a police station in the square that I found encouraging.

Taxi from the airport with someone meeting us with a board with our name on cost us 75PLN. Going back to the airport we took a taxi that was in Szeroka Square. It was on a meter and cost 57PLN.

Don't change money at the airport as the rate is very bad. The taxi driver stopped at a Kantor in town for us to change some money to pay the fare.

In the corner of the Szeroka Square is a ATM machine if you want to use plastic.

If you book a tour the coach leaves outside the Ester Hotel which is very near the Klezmer Hois. That is very handy. We took the tour to Auschwitz.

Hope this helps. Peter
Thanks Peter. We are off to Krakow in December and am really looking forward to it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.