Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
be careful. the holiday area prices are are very expensive. i think the turkish price is 50 ytl.
Always ask the final price will be before getting your hair done or you could end up paying lots of extras.
hi,
if i were you i would check at the hairdressers here at home first,i seem to remember my partner wanting her hair done last year for the holiday,she was advised not to have it done because of the hot sun and the chemicals in the swimming pools could react and turn the hair a light green,but then she was going a very blonde colour, :wink:
Thanks
I remember a girl having her hair done in our hotel last year, she had very long dark hair that was very very curly - she wanted it dying bright red and black - she was in there all day, it had to be dyed blonde first.
I was amazed at the transformation when it was finished, she had had it straightened, with red underneath the black - it was fantastic, and I think it only cost her about £35 - it would have cost a fortune here!!
Will definitely check about the hair going green though, one daughter has dark hair, so wants red in it, and the other has blonde, and wants it blonder :roll:
Its blonde colouring/highlights that can turn green with the chlorine apparently if you wash your hair with tomato juice it takes the green tinge away. I dont know if this is true or not as I've not tried it myself.

Lynn
really shop around as the prices fluctuate loads, i had mine done in marmaris and they badly bleached my top and refused to do anything about it, so although i saved about £10-£15 off uk prices i ended up losing a top !!!! so didnt save anything grrr

ive had mine done a few times and you must make it clear what you want as the have a habit of doing what they want rather than what you want lol

i got quoted for a shampoo and blow dry from 10 lira to 50 lira so big difference in prices this was in the winter time so might be dearer during the summer
Speaking as a hairdresser and someone who has been to Turkey many times i would never advise anyone to have their done there! It is far to risky. :shock:

There a lady who stayed in the same hotel as me a couple of years ago and she had her hair done and it was awful not only was the cut the worse i have seen they colour was so patchy as well.
:omg

As for men having their hair cut there....We always play spot the Turkish hair cut on the plane coming home, it keeps us busy for ages!! :P
we have been to turkey twice and my friend has had her hair done both times( braided with extensions) and both times it was better than in this country and a hell of alot cheaper, both times marmaris
talking about hairdressers in turkey has just reminded me of my visit to the salon at the hotel where we stay,while the other half went in for her massage i thought i would kill a bit of time by having a turkish shave,as i'd heard so much about them,it didn't start off to well as the lady could not speak a word of english,and my turkish is limited to merhaba and a couple of other words that were completly useless in this situation,but after miming shaving she got the idea and called a chap out from behind the scenes,to cut a long story short(pardon the pun)i really dont think that i got the real deal,there was a cut throat razor involved but no flames that i had been told about,and he promplty set about cutting my ear,nose and yes throat,it hasn't put me off tho,i will go in search of a real one this year,hopefully with better results, :shock:
my hubby loves going for a shave , he has the whole works inc a massage and looks forward to it and goes about every 3-4 days on holiday as its usually so cheap, hes never had a problems so far,i think you have been unlucky bibbs !!!
I have not had my hair done while in Marmaris but had my eveybrows done, they were done by thread! also had a manicure which I wouldnt recommend as my fingers around my nails were bleeding and sore! I had this treatment done at Club Happydays.

wgipk.
I can definitely recommend the guy that I use for my weddings. He used to work at the Back Hair on the main road and he has just opened his own shop just behind the main road. Its called Hair Boss Ozzy (funny name that! :) ) and if you turn right from Ozzy & Sabri's one main road and then left again its on the right. He is really good, most of my clients end up getting extensions when they are getting their bridal hair done and I have never received any complaints. He is quite well priced compared to the big hair dressers on the main road such as Back Hair and Ozzy & Sabri. I know he is going to have a website designed soon so I will post a link here when it is ready, but if anyone is interested I can get them the phone numbers and a price list.
Hi i would like to say my daughter had extentions in her hair in england they were lovely but right on her scalp and it took hours to get them out when we were in marmaris the hairdresser thats at pasha beach did them they were wonderful not cheap but not as expensive as here
Thanks for all your replies.
Hayal - I will look at your friends website when it is ready - thanks!
Only 11 weeks to go :D
On 6th March 2007 at 10:15am, hayal said:
I can definitely recommend the guy that I use for my weddings. He used to work at the Back Hair on the main road and he has just opened his own shop just behind the main road. Its called Hair Boss Ozzy (funny name that! :) ) and if you turn right from Ozzy & Sabri's one main road and then left again its on the right. He is really good, most of my clients end up getting extensions when they are getting their bridal hair done and I have never received any complaints. He is quite well priced compared to the big hair dressers on the main road such as Back Hair and Ozzy & Sabri. I know he is going to have a website designed soon so I will post a link here when it is ready, but if anyone is interested I can get them the phone numbers and a price list.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.