Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
good lord..I would never have hi lites done over there :shock:

I am sure someone could direct you, or try the yellow pages.

http://www.indiayellowpages.com/
do you think it will be risky????? Thanks for the link to yellow pages!
hiya id like to get my hair streaked out there, but you dont know what sort of bleach there useing,how strong it is,
also id love to get my teeth whitenedwonder how long it would take? to get it done?
maggie

narial has started a dentist thread :D
thanks vegasone just seen it and read it :wink: :wink:
Had too much Old Monk Rum on the beach one year...and let one of the girls from the shack bleach some streaks on my hair...while still on the beach! Now.....I'm usually extremely fussy about my hair...Vidal Sassoon, Toni & Guy ....here I was...sat on sunbed in bikini with towel around my shoulders while she made a paste of the bleach (found out later from sister in law who convinced me I should have them done...but later admitted she wouldn't!...that they used this sort of paste bleach in hairdressers YEARS ago!)....put about 3 big streaks in my hair....put tin foil round each section and left me to 'bake' in the Goan sun! Then rinsed it off with just a bowl of water while I was still on sunbed! They actually turned out ok- even though I got some very odd stares by other tourists as they walked the shoreline! :lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks, i think i will be brave when im there and have it done! it would be an experience having it done on the beach, bit different from the fuss in toni and guy! :P
sorry I think you are crazy absolutley crazy to let the women of Goa bleach your hair, I have visions of them crowding around you on your sunbed mixing Jolen up in an old clay pot :shock:

please go and have it done in a UK hair salon, bleaching hair is not to be taken lightly (no pun intended).

It costs a tenner in the uk as a model at toni and guy, surely you are not THAT tight?
Ha ha! No...not tight....as I said...too much Old Monk Rum and seemed like a good idea... at the time!.......and no....wasn't 'surrounded' by inquisitive goan women and hawkers. She had just come back from Bahrain herself and had streaked most of her own brothers hair...they ran the shack. I must admit if I was having it done 'properly' certainly wouldn't wait until I got to India to have it done! I recall once having a massage in a 'beauty' salon...afterwards they washed our hair and attempted to dry it! Now...think about it...they are used to long straight hair....whereas at the time we had shortish hair. We had to take the hairdryer from them and finish 'styling' it ourselves...before going back to our room to re-wash it etc! It was an experience though! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Does anyone know who the french hairdresser was who appeared in the prog get a new life, he cut Joes hair (from the ponderosa)
There are some very good hairdressing slaons in the North of Goa. I go to one in Panjim called Snips. Its a little more expensive than some of the others but is very good. They do anything you want and I have heard very good things. There are also a couple in Calangute where I live and have never had any problems
I need one in candolim area as i am getting married there.
Hi Lin.. our goan friend Cosme has an english girlfriend Chloe who I should imagine is out there now. I can always see if I can get through on email to see if she's available?
OOOOPS! Forgot to say....she's a hairdresser!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks pam i am going out 5 march for 3 weeks and out again in nov. the wedding will be 26th nov any help much appreciated.
I'll see if they've still got the same email address...failing that we should see them when we go out on 19th Feb. Will keep you informed Lin! I'm not telling them that we are going out....will be a surprise for them! (hopefully??? :? :lol: :lol: )
how long are you going out for? I have already booked Lauragoalover to do my nails.
Only two weeks I'm afraid!! Back home March 6th....wish it was longer!
I think the plane bringing us out is the one bringing you home.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.