Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cockney Jo

Just wondering if you can remember how much things cost there? Particularly a haircut? :)
is it the same sara who runs the moonshine with gary who is the hairdresser if so she is very good can highly reconmend her
well not me i just shave everthing off but the wife said she is very good
hi sorry took so long to get back to you,as i said i had the works it all cost just under £20 never has a score been so well spent
cockney jo
I think you can get your eyebrows 'threaded' for about 5 rupees in mapusa, Shem222 goes, I think it's 5, it's something ridiculously cheap anyway!
blimey thats cheap, I get my brows done outside phoenix park Inn and it cost 150 for a thread :shock:
Annie is working from home at the moment in Baga, until her salon is ready, she is excellent, I have a contact No for her.
Lin
Does anyone know if there is a good hairdresser in the south?
Going to Goa for the first time in April (Baga Beach), haven't seen any reviews recommending hairdressers, I thought extensions(not dreadlock type), will be cheaper there than here, anybody have any info, where to go/prices?
For hairdressers see HERE

MrsMac
hi all!

i have just fopund details of a hairdressers in goa! three infact run by the same poeple! thought you might like a look! heres the link hopefully!

http://neomishairsalongoa.com/index.htm

never been but looks good! if anyone has visited let me know how it was please!
My friend had her hair done at snips in panji and she said it was the best cut shes ever had and the colouring was brilliant she has naturally curly hair they blow dried it straight you wouldnt of even known it was meant to be curly! Unfortunatley i waited and had mine cut in Sri Lanka and it went very wrong so spent the last 4 weeks with my hair tied up and going to snips when i get back to Goa next week to get it rectified!
There is an English hairdresser called 'Janet' in Anjuna and there is also another one nearby which I think may be italian. Also 'Tara' in Candolim does hair colouring but not sure if this includes streaks. :D
I used to get my hair washed and blow dried at the hairdressers in the hotel (Marinha dourada) cost 300 rupees.
I was going to try a hairdressing shop at Baga Beach, they charged 200 rupees. Made appointment for the following day, went along and they were closed :evil: not very nice i would say
For anyone thinking of getting their hair done, pls check out the hairdresser first!! My friend was fed up drying and straightening her hair every night so disappeared off to a hairdressers for a blow dry for about 2 hours then came back with the biggest afro ever! Biggest waste of time as she had to start all over again but I still haven't stopped laughing!! :rofl :rofl
going to be spending 5 months in goa from november. i think i'll be investing in a pair of clippers to keep the hair short, but i don't think my girlfriend will be partaking in do it yourself haircuts :)
any ladies on the forum who can recommend a hairdresser in the candolim area ? the only place i can think of would be the 5* hotels, ie taj.

thanks
misterc.
simply beautiful is good just past Montanas and before HBSC bank (left) before Royal foods, Bombay bazaar, oh come to think of it thats more Calangute end but i go there fom Candolim not far really!!
Chilly
Naiomis, again in calangute, only 4 rupees on the bus, but she is trained to style and cut western hair.
thanks chilly and lin b. jacqui will be pleased she doesn't have to chance me using a pair of clippers and nail scissors on her ! :)
misterc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.