Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Power cuts
10 Posts
We've just come back and there was a couple of power cuts but nothing like last year, infact I only remember two short ones whilst we were there.

Have a great holiday - I'm very jealous as I would love to go again.
I have been very lucky this year, Travelled 23rd April to 30th, Also 10th June to 17th, 31st July to 7th August with not one Power cut :D
We wasnt in Turkey last year :(

But was there summer 2005 and we didnt experience 1 power cut, is this somthing that happens in certain areas? We stayed in the Armatulan but this year we are practically on the beach front :D

:offtop

Tbailie we fly out on Monday too, from Manchester only 3 days to do yippee! :pele

Carter: We fly from Belfast should be there about 4 on monday afternoon, can hardly sleep im so excited.....haha

where you staying Carter is there a crowd of you going ??
We have been in olu Deniz for the last 2 weeks and the first week we had power cuts several times a night. Maybe something to do with the high temperatures that week with air c o n etc all on full blast.

lyn
we had a few power cuts over the 3 weeks we were in akyaka and marmaris. but worse than that my husband got electrocuted 1 night walking down some steps after some so called electricians came and did some work in the grounds they fitted a new outside light and somehow it caused all the railings running round this lamp to be alive thank god he had trainers on or he might not be here to tell the tail, absolute nightmare, he ended up warning as many people as possible about the problem and 1 young lad forgot and ended up being also electrocuted but again had shoes on but he fell down a flight of steps at the top were the live rails were and he wasnt well for days, highly dangerous

We should be there about 7 pm staying at the Ebru.

Im going with my partner, son & babysitters :whoops sorry i am mean Parents!

Im soo excited too only 3 days to do wahey :D
In the 2006 season Particularly in August Power cuts were very often on a daily basis and sometimes down for an hour not all the time but that was the max.
in marmarıs now and not one single power cut

been here week and a half

brıllıant
:D :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.