Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Phone lines are working fine.

When my parents were here recently, my mum's mobile didnt work here for some reason (although it has before) but my dad's did.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Perhaps where they are the telephone is out of order. There will be some logical explanation and they will be in touch soon enough. :)
Thanks for getting back to me Sunnysenorita. Still have not heard from them. Brother in law worried and angry, rang my Dad this morning he told me not to worry. His common law wife owns the apartment out in El Faro. I asked if there was a caretaker there or a number I could call, most unhelpful maybe as I was getting angry and swearing about them not calling ( he is not too keen on swearing). What about flight delays from Luton to Malaga. I'm going to ring them and find out if there were any delays.
I can understand that you are anxious but if they were due to land on Tuesday, they will be here by now.

Now you mention El Faro, this could explain why they have not managed to contact you yet. Do they have a car? If not, El Faro may not be the easiest place to find a public telephone. Most bars do not have public telephones anymore like they used to do. Unless they walk to Fuengirola centre (it has been raining here and it rained very heavily yesterday) they may not have managed to find a phone.

I know it sounds a bit of a tall story not being able to find a phone in the year 2006 but they are not on a main 'tourist drag'.

If anything bad had happened to them, for sure you would have heard something by now.

Try not to worry, Spain is a pretty safe country.
By the way, even though they are in Spain, you dont need to dial the international dialling code for Spain to get through on a UK mobile.

Im sure you know all this though.
:) They rang my Brother in law first, who happened to be out as he was going stir crazy, and left a message at 8pm on Tuesday evening. It seems that they had to ring from a call center. They didn't explain why they took so long in calling. My Brother in law is "going to ******* kill my sister when she returns. Anyway, thank you all again for your kind words, thoughts and wisdom in this matter. It's good to know your out there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.