Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
CourtneeLouise,

There are power outlets on many aircraft types across a broad spectrum of airlines. There's too many to mention without more information really. Where abouts in America is she flying to? We can narrow it down to which airline and the aircraft types they use then as there are litterally hundreds of combinations. Some airlines only offer power outlets in their premium economy or business / first cabins.

Darren
Thanks for your reply dazbo, your a star! She will be flying to Houston, Texas.. don't think flights go from Bristol anymore so would be from Heathrow/Gatwick. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot!
CourtneeLouise x
Check http://www.seatguru.com as that shows where the power outlets are if you know the airline and aircraft type. I believe some of the outlets need special adaptors that you can buy onboard, but they are relatively expensive.

Most transatlantic flights now have seatback IFE with a wide range of movies and games to watch so she may not have to rely on her laptop.

luci :wave
CourtneeLouise,

You've got British Airways and Continental to choose from from LHR non-stop, but many others if you want to look at 1 or 2 stops but given who's travelling, probably best to stick with non-stop. Seatguru as Luci mentions will show basic aircraft details for those airlines. Both BA and CO use Boeing 777-200 on that route. BA don't have power in economy seats, only the higher classes but Continental do. You don't have any non-stop options from LGW.

Darren
.......... and many outlets are only in the higher classes of travel eg World Traveller Plus for British Airways. Note also that even if there is a power outlet, the airlines always cover their backs in that there is no 'comeback' or 'compensation' if the power socket isn't working ...
Thanks for all your advice & tips guys :) looks like she will be travelling with Continental, I think they are cheaper than British Airways. It's worth a shot!

Thanks again,
CourtneeLouise :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.