Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
We've been to both between Christmas and New Year (and Krakow too), though we didn't actually stay for the New Year itself. We're going to Prague again for the same period this year. They were all worth visiting at that time of year, though I think there is more going on in Prague - more in the way or Christmas markets, etc. On the other hand, Prague is probably more expensive too and the hotels are charging peak prices for that time. We did notice on our last visit that it was getting very busy towards the New Year - I wouldn't leave it until the last minute to book your hotel.
I went to Prague for new year 2004/2005. It was absolutely fantastic!!! To be stood on Charles Bridge at midnight is magical. Loads and loads of fireworks and so many people!! I for one will certainly be doing it again. The city did not seem to be over busy and the markets were still on. Going to Tallinn this year so hope the experience will be just as good. Anybody done this?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.