Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi loobyloo ... in addition to any info you may pick up in this forum, please check out our City Breaks forum too, where we have topics dedicated to each city.

David :wave
ive been to both this year and much preferred prague much easier to get around, main area all within walking distance whereas budapest more spread out, we found prague slightly cheaper to eat and drink as long as you go just outside the wencelas sq and old town, also prague has more sights to offer wins hands down
yep I agree Prague the winner! Budapest is lovely, very cultural, etc. but Prague has everything - food, drink AND great culture as well, easy to get around, etc. - pretty much the perfect place. Good for every age group. We went back to Prague for a second visit recently and it was even better second time round.
Ditto Coininban (Hi Coininban :wave glad to hear you enjoyed Prague, we're back there next month!)
I was in Budapest the week after Grand Prix in August and it didn't strike me as being a place to go with the lads really. We only saw 2 British groups of lads (both behaving embarrassingly badly), it was more refined in the tourist areas than Prague. Also no cheaper really than the UK unless you drink in "local" bars or get beer from the supermarket.
I loved it, wouldn't want it to get more touristy.
aaah totp, still following me eh? Off to Krakow in December. Any plans for the next city break totp? Hope you find Prague even better the more you get to know it. Found some fantastic value in eating/drinking as we searched further out and did a trip by train to Karlstein Castle and generally just sauntered around without feeling we had to do all the sights cos we saw them last time! Hope to go back 3rd time maybe next year!!
Yep, I'm still following you :lol: I'm looking at Krakow too! Just waiting to find cheap flights to suit school holidays and then it'll be all systems go! Straight into planning mode.

Just posted on the other thread about Prague, having not read this post. I see it's December you go to Krakow. I'll want a full trip report on your return!

I'm looking forward to seeing Prague in the winter, as it was much too hot (95f) in July. Will have to do all the 'sights' again though, as taking the husband this time, and he hasn't been before :lol:

Next for us is Toronto! this weekend!

Happy travels! :D
Toronto!! Enjoy and report please as I will do with Krakow!
thanks for all the advice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.