Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
:tup you have it chivers
I have followed this thread with interest and I must be the only person who doesnt mind sitting apart from my husband!.On a flight to Dalaman last May I moved seats as we were allocated the front seats and I couldnt stretch my legs out in front of me so I moved to row 5 and had 3 seats to myself.On the way back from Dalaman in October we were allocated these seats again so I moved across the aisle as D E F seats had more leg room than A B C.
You should check with your airline, but I know that Thomas Cook and Thomson do this.
cool,
so I guess the people that end up not sitting by their partners are either late bookings or the last to get allocated?
In my personal opinion I think its worth pre booking seats, but it's everyones progotive tho,

Last time we got front row seats, loads of leg room, and as no seats were in front of us, we had a tv built in to the front wall pannel,
(party consisted of 4)

We are due to go abrode flying to Alicante in 2 weeks but still debating weather or not to pre book seats again online with TCA as we are trying to keep the cost down as much as possible, but if you wont that bit of extra comfort and enjoyment and are not on a small or tight budget, then go for it!!

Danny 8)
anyone know how to prebook seats on Astraus.

thanks

dazer
Hi dazer ... you may find some info in the Astraeus Q&As thread ... please click here.

David :wave
read this thread with interest

after booking our first holiday abroad I did wonder whether I'd made a mistake by not agreeing to pre booked seats, people at work have told me they normally seat families together as best as they can anyway when you arrive on the plane or at check in.

There are four of us flying; me, hubby and children aged 6 and 10, do you think they'd split us all up? or am I worying about nothing?
My experience with Thomsonfly last week was similar to tinka14. :(

We were the first 4 to check in as the desk was just opening (we were at Stansted 3 hours 15 mins prior to flight, dont ask!)

Hadn't prepaid as the holiday cost enough without an extra 40 quid.

We were given 4 aisle seats, for 2 adults a 14 & 12 year old.
Daughter went on seat infront of me. Son on seat in front of hubby.

Now here's the rub. The two seats next to my son were empty ie the window and middle seat so they could have easily allocated us a four in a row.

They just want to squeeze as much money out of folk as they can. Agree with Katiesmum the check in staff don't care or are told to deliberatly do this to families who haven't forked out the 40 quid to make it as awkward for them as possible, in the hope they cough up next time.

It ended well though as the flight attendant let us move so we could be together & one of us had a window seat.

Different story at Sharm though, one of the last to check in and got 4 seats together. Egyptian check in staff obviously think more of families and less about money than British check in staff :D
hmmmm . i havnt pre-booked seats for July Chris , although do have meals ordered with portland. did you have meals ???This will be interesting . there will be 6 of us so in theory easy , 2 lots of 3 :wink: It makes you wonder doesnt it if they automatically allocate all the aisle seats first to those not pre-booked . Think we will hang back a bit :roll: at checkin . I bet they still dont give us 2 lots of 3 even if they have them .
Lyn :D

It was a bit odd about the meals. :hmmm We did get meals but didn't have to pay for them as an extra when booking. The Panorama call center lady I booked with said they were included. They were not shown on my invoice as an extra. I wonder if Mytravel automatically include meals to Egypt as it's such a long flight?

I think you might be OK for Turkey on a Portland booking with a Thomsonfly plane. They seem to put all the meal eaters up the front and the 'non-mealers' at the back to make it easier for the flight attendants. Surely they will put you together and not give you six aisle seats. :shock:

I would have gone with Portland this time but MyT were 200 quid cheaper for the exact same holiday. Same flight, same date, same rooms. :wink:
thanks Chris. Wont be long until we find out I suppose :wink: :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.