Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Chris, you must be feeling :twisted: hope you get it sorted soon. I havnt experienced anything myself but i do get wary when paying for anything online but it is so handy to do.

Good luck !!
Still not sorted out...definately getting v v :evil: Find it strange that nobody else seems to have this problem though......is it really just me!! Anyway, have started writing complaints to everyone I can think of :)
Hi Chris
Yes! I am having problems with Dilos. They are constantly promising me a refund but it does not materialise. I don't know what to next. Have you sorted yours out yet?
Allison
:cry:
I was sent a cacellation receipt on 14 April 04, but by now I still have not receive the refund for over 1000 euros.

Been ringing them over and over again, always told to leave a message.
Have any of you tried claiming a refund through your CC company yet, for 'goods not received', and let them deal with Dilos?
Just a suggestion
Iam sure that if your spend is over £100 per transaction and something goes wrong(ie) you dont get what you originally ordered you can hold your credit card company responsible for the refund.I actually claimed monies payed out for flight when the travel company I booked with went bust but it took ages to get a refund. Is Dilos travel based in the U.K. or is it elswhere? Regards Jayjan
Company are based in Greece!! Problem is holiday was paid for last May. When we arrived & the hotel had no record of our booking Dilos said they would pay my additional costs if I could find another hotel. The new hotel were not happy to accept payment from Dilos so I paid the hotel and Dilos promised to refund it immediately! I have no come vack to the credit card because I paid for accommodation I had received! I think it's a case of once bitten.............
Are you still having problems with Dilos, as I have just booked hotel accommodation with them and then noticed this website of complaints.

Regards Martin Burney
I did not get my promised refund, despite many promises. I emailed constantly and wrote to their head office and still got nowhere. I think the best idea is to ring the hotel that your reservation is with and confirm that they know you are coming! I hope you have a good holiday.
Allison
Having booked to stay at the Ramada Marco Polo Hotel Miami in April 2005, I have now been informed by their reservation dept. that the hotel rates they are quoting are not available due to their agent not being able to book the hotel at their contracted rates.

I do not believe that they even contacted their agent as the Ramada has no knowledge of our booking.

I have informed Ramada that I think that Dilos are using their hotel as a scam to obtain reservation deposits ( and maybe more monies )

Dilos inform me that the reservation has been cancelled and no deposit was taken from our credit card. I will check if this is so and advise.

Regards Martin Burney
Martin let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed all is ok with your deposit.
It's beginning to look like this could be a scam. I suggest you contact your credit card company asap. Dilos will probably tell you there is a problem with the refund and that your credit card company is trying to sort it out ............. don't believe them!!
Allison
I have had a disappointing experience with Dilos.

Money was taken without my consent and it has been a struggle to get it back

I would advise against booking with them and use another well known worldwide website instead.

It maybe slightly more expensive but it will save a lot of time.
I wish I had found this website before I tried using Dilos Holiday World!!
I requested a reservation in December 2004 and was promptly assured the rooms were available. My CC was charged for the full amount that same day. After 2 weeks and no news from Dilos about a confirmation number, I started what has been an extremely frustrating and unsatisfying email match with Dilos. The upshot is, they have my money, they never had the ability to make/confirm the reservation they promised, and they have been impossible to contact in person. Everyone promises that they are "investigating" but I never get a useful response.

I am contacting my CC company today to complain and see if I can get some satisfaction through them.

There is certainly something rotten in Greece, and it is Dilos Holiday World!!!!! No one should ever use them.
Hi

i've been watching this thread as Dilos advertise (provide info) at about.com Greece for visitors http://gogreece.about.com/

I was wondering if anyone has had satisfaction from Dilos to date.

dfranzetta i wondered if you had any luck with CC company.

Just putting the complaint here and not following up with outcome or further info leaves everyone wondering, and should the outcome be negative then more might get caught.

paul..
I sent copies of all of my communications with Dilos Holiday World to the CC company, but am still waiting for word from them regarding what they are prepared to do to make things right.
Hi dfranzetta :wave

Just putting the complaint here and not following up with outcome or further info leaves everyone wondering, and should the outcome be negative then more might get caught.

Many thanks for the quick response.. Reading my post over, it sounds a bit harsh :oops: and it wasn't solely aimed at anyone it was just a general comment on forum threads..

The reason i posted was to bring this one to the front again incase previous members had received satisfaction and they could come back if they receive the notify e-mail.. If Dilos are still holding out i can now follow up with DeTracy @ Greece for visitors and see if she Knows anything about the troubles.

paul..
I don't know if anyone is still following this thread or if any of you have resolved your refund issues. I wish I had found this site before I booked with them. I have been wrangling with them for two months now. They allegedly made a reservation for me, charged me for the whole stay, then subseuqently informed me the hotel was not available for those dates. My email to them went unanswered for a week, so I called and spoke to an agent. Having received no explanation nor satisfaction, I requested a refund. It was promised on February 28, 2005. 6 weeks later, numerous emails, and two more phone calls and I still have no refund. I have turned the problem over to my CC company but am not hopeful. I have put up a website describing my misadventures, but it was edited out. If anyone would like to see it, email me and I'll send you the link.
As lots of you have said already, I also wish I'd read this before using Dilos.

Just come back from 2 weeks in Mexico. We stayed at Chichen Itza for one night and when we got to the hotel we were told that the reservation had been cancelled by the local Mexican agent because Dilos hadn't sent them the money for the room. So we had to pay again, and pay the higher rack room rate to boot.

As with everyone else, Dilos were very swift in taking the money from me, but despite repeated emails are not replying now that I want my original money back.

Has anyone ever got a refund from them??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.