Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
From what I could work out when we visited there, Naama Bay was the sort of 'town' with a beach, but not sure if there were hotels there?
We stayed at the csr last august and went into naama bay a couple of times on a night it was far too hot for us wouldn`t like to go in the day time and we really love the sun/heat. The promanade was nice to walk along beach very very packed with rows of sun bed`s nearly on top of eachother.Each hotel has a small plot of beach alotted to them.Hotel`s along the prom have garden`s which we sat at the bar and enjoyed.However I really do think the beaches outside of namma are much nicer and no where near as packed.
Hi Wendy (again :D )

Yes the Prom is right along the beach in front of the hotels.
Yes there are bars and restaurants on the prom (and in some cases the beach)
Yes you can visit the various hotels for drinks - as we did most nights.
There wasn't any hassle when we were there on a night. Even during the day it was mainly just people trying to sell you day (or more) old newspapers.
There were quite a lot of people about so it depends just how romantic you want your stroll to be !!
From the Sonesta beach resort you walk along the prom and it is lovely at night. On the way back we sit down on the carpets listening to the locals singing etc, its a nice end of the night.

Nearly all the restaurants are on the beach, the other side is restaurants outside the hotels. All very nice as we have been in most of them. The restaurants in the main drag of Naama bay tend to be cheaper and you get a lot more to eat.

In August when you go, it maybe advisable to eat later when it has cooled down a lot, or go inside where the air conditioning is on.

We rarely get hassle any more as we have been going back for a number of years and they know us, but we do like to play the odd game with them, keeps them on their toes :lol:
I would recommend eating B & B as there are a lot of choice and it is wasted on HB and A1, plus you can eat out dirt cheap and its fresh not warmed up from 5.30pm.

I am sure you will enjoy whatever you choose.

Michelle
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.