Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There is apparently a new promenade at least some of the way to Side. It's been a couple of years since I was there but we walked along the beach and I think it took about 40 minutes at a leisurely pace.
Yes there is a new prom now along the beach although I havnt seen it . It's been described to me though and it sounds like a very welcome addition.
We stayed at the Hemera next door and it took us 30 minutes to walk to Side along the road as the promenade wasnt built then.
My friend has just come back from the Sunrise Princess next door on the other side of the Melas and she walked to the old town along the promenade every day in about 20 minutes.
Just realised you are going next July so it will take longer in the heat. :sun2
Hi Queen of Side here lol... The new path is lovely takes only 30mins from Crystal Sunrise Queen hotel which i've stayed in before leads right to the town center.
Hi Hibz7,
Thanks for that, we are staying in the Melas so hopefully will be good.
Do you know where the nearest market is and what days is it on?
Thanks.
if you are fit enough go outside the melas and turn right walk straight down the road when you see the mosque which you cant miss. head towards it. the market is across the road from it .25-30 mins walk from the melas . market is on a saturday. or you can get the dolmus to managvat the market is huge if i remember right it was on thursday. or you can getthe dolmus outside the melas and get off at the large set of traffic lights where you will see the turkish flag (massive) and go left up to the market (saturday one) :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.