Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
£480 is a cracking price !
We were very impressed with Qatar too but I would warn anyone to avoid the seats at the rear of the plane ( Man_Doha) as there is a constant que for the loos.
Can't think were they are on the Doha- Goa plane.
yeah, we paid £512 bu we had already booked accomodation but it was on there today for man-goa on the 15th apr, coming back may 1st.
:cheers Makes our £337 price for march look even better :pele and thats all the way to Goa its great to read all the good things said about them this will be our first time with them cant wait now .colleen
We were talking £480 for two :rofl :rofl :rofl

Seriously, £480 is a good price now. When we booked we paid £359 to Goa in November and £340 to Kerala in March both ex Manchester.
Since then a) the route has become established, b) Gordon Brown has stuck another £80 in taxes on the flight c)the pound has weakened d) lots of nations are starting to come out of recession.

I bet it will be over £550 per ticket next winter. :yikes :yikes
It is over £500 Dave for November your right there we have been keeping an eye on it too ...colleen
I'm seeing £492 or £512 for April - must have gone up again! Still reasonable but not the £370 I paid last November :cry
Good to see the positive reports still coming in for Qatar. Im looking foward to flying with them in march :)
Yes Maz, I did the LHR - DOH - GOI route in November and it worked very well for me, particularly as I was on my own. (I don't think I would have managed Mumbai as easily on my own). It was all very straightforward. The only thing I found more difficult was the timings, when I arrived in Goa I just HAD to go to bed as my head was buzzing! I don't normally do this as I like to get into Goa time as soon as possible, also the return journey as departed early hours (03.30) But on the whole it was fine and I would definitely do this route again - if they keep the price reasonable so a :tup for Qatar.

I also found it interesting to be on a flight that wasn't just for "Goa holiday people", got chatting with various nationalities who were heading for Doha to fly onto different places and for a variety of reasons. Same thing leaving Goa - OMG I am such a nosey parker :D

Fizz
we booked with expedia for £1109 traveling in Nov for 19 days works out cheaper than some travel companys
we went with qatar, very impressive but the plane from Doha to Goa was very hot and stuffy with no aircon, ok its only 3 hrs but long enough with that.
food was very good except on our early morning departure at 04.30 the choice was curry for breakfast!?
i would only go back if they did a direct flight from the uk non stop.
I think Qatar have played the trick getting people drawn in with cheap prices and now they have hiked them up when ever you put in for flights they are coming up the costliest ones anyone know why ?? :que

Mike
Probably a) because they got us hooked and b) because they "can"!! :)

With all the things that have happened this season i.e. visa, 2 month rule, beach shacks, across the board price hikes AND the volcano eruption too - wonder what the take-up on flights will be next season :que
paid 750 for 2 passengers on Qatar from Manchester last year, at the moment
5th Jan to 10th Feb is coming up at 1,315 :(
If I had booked on 15th Feb Qatars price was 1,139 :cry
Last July when we booked our Goa flights from M/C oil was $55 a barrel, now it's $85. I guess the airlines have to bet on the fuel prices ahead and that's one reason. Add to that the extra taxes of £80 per ticket added since then and it's not surprising that the tickets have shot up in price.
I have checked them out again today and Qatar are still coming out one of the most expensive how can they go from the cheapest to the most expensive ???? i still think they knew what they were doing as did kingfisher when they hooked people in and gave the weight allowance which it is rumoured is going to change shortly, hey ho what will be will be, we still have to book one of them to get here.

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.