Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
qatar airways
35 Posts
It depends which day of the week you travel. Certainly from Manchester it depends which day you go on. On our return trip for example we leave Goa about 4.00 am and arrive into Manchester at 12.30 pm the same day. You have just got to be carefull when you book that you only have an hour or so transit at Doha, and not the dreaded 17 hours !
Alan
thanks Gramps, i assumed that each day would be the same.
I'll spend some more time looking, but as its for 2012 there is no rush, in fact I don't think that i can book so far in advance anyway :)
Just booked with Qatar from Manchester. Manchester dep, Sunday 10 00hrs arr Doha 19 00 hrs. dep Doha 21 00hrs arr Goa 03 30hrs. much the same on my return.
Traveling time is 12.5 hours flying time is 10.5 hours. the cost varies some my flight, cost £601 and some pennies return.

les :fly
If you fly from LHR on the 7.55am or 11.00am flights to Doha , their is ample time to transfer onto the Goa flight which leaves 9.30pm Qatari time , and arrives 3.30 am Goa time. Just over 11hrs total.
Leave LHR after 11.00am , and by the time you arrive in Doha , the Goa flight has left and you have to wait until 9.30pm the following night .Hope that helps .
Using Qatar is a quick way to get to Goa , but Qatar is no way a five star airline , in my opinion . I flew out with them on Thurs for the first time , and wont be using them again . Poor seating , food basic , and "unlimited" booze , which just caused arguments when people were refused.
I was in economy.
It must be a matter of personal needs, as regards seating, I've regarded the long haul seating on Qatars planes first class, 34" leg room, I'd say BAs 31" in economy poor, and once you down to Monarchs 29", you are really talking poor. All the other aspects of Qatars service I found first class. Their short haul flights down to Goa may be a little less cofortable, but still way above the likes of Monarch.
Alan
gramps wrote:
It must be a matter of personal needs, as regards seating, I've regarded the long haul seating on Qatars planes first class, 34" leg room, I'd say BAs 31" in economy poor, and once you down to Monarchs 29", you are really talking poor. All the other aspects of Qatars service I found first class. Their short haul flights down to Goa may be a little less cofortable, but still way above the likes of Monarch.
Alan

I agree 100% with that
Best by far I've flown scheduled is Kingfisher ;)
Try checking the day after or the day before. Its normally around 13 hrs.
Hardly anybody seems to mention Kingfisher anymore. Why ?
Hardly anybody seems to mention Kingfisher anymore. Why ?

Maybe because they are coming out 3rd or 4th in the prices at the moment
The pricing is similar to Qatar, the luggage allowance is (or was) much greater but the transit times are longer. Yesterdays favourite now it seems !
hi Davewales, just had to reply regarding Kingfisher. Me and hubby are travelling with them again in december, got an extremely good price considering it covers the xmas and new year period. Went with Kingfisher january 2009 and we were very pleased with the quality, except the food is a bit too spicy or salty for me so that could be improved upon. We booked with them for last december too as we were going for xmas/new year then, but had to cancel the flights and holiday as i was rushed to hospital. Kingfisher paid us back except for £100 admin fees, which is fair enough. So booked with them for this december and doing what we should have been last xmas :) :cheers
Have a good time Silver Angel !
Hi.. we are with kingfisher.. 3rd time for us 19th feb Heathrow.. Mumbia..Goa.. :cheers
do theyg o from manchester yet?
Many thanks for all the answers.
I have managed to find better flight duration times on Qatar and some of the alternatives offer better times but we would need to travel to Heathrow.
Taking into account the time to heathrow and possible expenses regarding hotels and fuel costs(or train travel etc) I think that I am going to continue to use charter flights ex manchester.
Wether I DIY hotels etc., or continue with packages depends on the next round of prices for 2012, the ones I have seen so far are not much different to this seasons and whilst I know that they are dearer than DIY the actual difference doesn't bother me too much
Thanks again for information and advice :)
If you can get the right price to DIY, I wouldn't hesitate especially if you fancy spending some time in different places. For Qatar you have to watch their flights from London, some arrive back at Heathrow having departed from Gatwick which poses a problem if you have a car parked.
Trains are an easy alternative and as it's best value to book singles rather than return tickets, a change of airport isn't a problem.
We ( two of us) are paying £60 rail fares and £29 hotel at the Premier Inn Gatwick. I think it would have cost me that in fuel and parking at Manchester and I don't have a 90 mile drive at 5.00am either, or for that matter, at 1.00pm on return having been up all night !
We are going next month for three weeks. As the leg room on Thomson flights is now much better than the likes of Monarch, we decided to return to charter flights this year. However after costing them, and factoring all the extras the charter companies like to add on, we were surprised to find that in actual fact for a three week holiday, Qatar , at the time we booked, was about £20 cheaper, and the drinks are free, so it does'nt always work out that the charter option, pricewise, is cheaper.
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.