Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I have to agree with Dave Wales. I'm a big fan of Qatar and they are my airline of choice flying from Manchester. By the time you add on the extra legroom costs, baggage and food and drink with charter airlines its a no brainer for me. Although both me and Dave did get cracking Deals last year with Qatar, which also helped ;)
Does anybody know if its better to buy duty free perfumes at Doha or Manchester airport? also would I be able to buy my fix of Baileys at Doha?
:tongue
bluemoon wrote:
Does anybody know if its better to buy duty free perfumes at Doha or Manchester airport?

I find Superdrug are cheaper than the duty free! :que
Have to agree with goangirl! :tup Paula
Some one correct me if i'm wrong! But i'm sure we couldnt take any liquids from DOHA to GOA i picked up 2 bottles of baileys and was told they would be confiscated the same with the perfume...?
Just had a brainwave, plastic empty litre bottle, a litre of baileys from my local supermarket £9.59, put in suitcase and i'm off!
And you can recycle the bottle on the way back with honeybee. :clap :clap
hi
can anyone tell me if i will be able to buy malibu from the duty free at doha before going on to goa, as its quite expensive in goa thanks jellytot
Jellytot i'm almost sure when we flew from DOHA to GOA last year they wouldnt let us take any liquids on board well not in your hand luggage same with perfume it needs to go in your cases....
You can buy duty free at Doha and take it to Goa, did it myself 3 weeks ago. You can't buy duty free in the UK if you change at Doha.

I'm not sure if they sell Malibu in Doha but they probably do.
Katie that's maybe where i got mixed up i probably tried to get my drinks/perfume in heathrow to take on to Doha where we changed planes to get to Goa i know they told me i would have them taken off me..
That's probably it. We do the plane change thing quite a bit and you are OK with the duty free in Doha, Bahrain, Mumbai or wherever, but not at your home airport.

For what it's worth, I found the perfume to be quite expensive in Doha compared to the UK.
Yes i found the perfume almost twice the price then at home and the baileys come to that.
When going to goa via mumbai you can buy at the duty free at heathrow and put it in your luggage after immigration at mumbai, before you checkin for your domestic flight to Goa, when going with Qatar via Doha you can usually go in the duty free at Goa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.