Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
How far in advance did the hotel not know of you by name? It is quite common for bed booking agencies to not tell hotels who they have sold allocated rooms to until close to the date. And I bet somewhere in the T&Cs there is a clause saying that twin or double is a special request that can't be guaranteed - all you can book is a room for 2. That is also quite common but usually the other way round.
I booked the hotel about 10 days ago... and having travelled to over 60 countries around the world have never had this issue once. I always phone the hotel up a few days before departure to check they know of me - Never once have they questioned the booking or said it did not exist.

As for twin rooms becoming doubles - this has never happened before. Not once. The site will ordinarily specify either a twin or a double - and go onto explain what each will entail. I was in Venzuela in December of last year, the Maldives in March of this year and Lourdes in May - I booked respectively a twin room, a triple room and another twin room - all with different companies... and with not one problem. The requests people usually put in are for things like ground floor rooms, or rooms with a view or a balcony, not things such as twin rooms to be honest unless that is an afterthought for the booker.
if you don't believe me you could spend a few days going through the many complants we have on the subject of doubles turning out to be twins (or separate beds pushed together) and worries about hotels not knowing about guest names until very late on. You are far from first in either of these problems and many come from customers of much bigger groups. Your main difference is the twin might have become a double (I admit that version isn't common) - but there's always the chance the hotel would turn it back again!

It doesn't justify their attitude when you called though. When should you be travelling?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.